Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hughton confirmed as Kerr's right-hand man

• 04-02-2003 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

From Football365.co.uk:
    Tottenham first-team coach Chris Hughton has been confirmed as the new part-time assistant manager of the Republic of Ireland national team.

Hughton, who won 53 caps for the Republic during his playing days, will be in the dug-out alongside newly-appointed manager Brian Kerr for the friendly against Scotland on February 12.

He told Tottenham's official website www.spurs.co.uk : "It is certainly something that won't affect what I do here, which will still be a full-time position."

He added: "We have looked at it and realised that it is something that can be worked around.

"On an international week we have something like 12-14 players that are away from the training ground. So these weeks tend to be lesser training weeks because, obviously, we have less players to work with.

"It is something that will be a great honour for me to take and to do. It would also benefit the club in terms of the experience I would get from it and the international players I would see on my travels."

Related article on Spurs' web site

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Hughtons a good choice as Number 2 to Brian Kerr.

He has I believe recieved similar education to that of David Moyes in the art of being a coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yea good appointment he's one of only ten coaches in Britain with UEFA's new coaching badge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is Brian Kerr one of the others ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Sposs
    Yea good appointment he's one of only ten coaches in Britain with UEFA's new coaching badge.
    Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Is Brian Kerr one of the others ?

er, no,... Brian Kerr isn't a coach in Britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

Thank god they've appointed someone who actually is a coach. Taff Evans was a joke!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by Bard
    er, no,... Brian Kerr isn't a coach in Britain.

Sheesh you are a clever guy Bard, well spotted, I am assuming you don not know whether he has got the badge or not.

Anybody else know whether Brian Kerr has the Uefa coaching Badge or not ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It should be a good appointment, its nice to see that people with adequate qualifications are not being passed over for big names.

Advertisement