Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat DSL Leadtime??

• 04-02-2003 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if any you guys had Esat business DSL installed?

If so, what was the lead time between application and installation??

Thanks in advance

PJ

Email

Mobile phone charging on the go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I finally got it installed yesterday 14 weeks after applying for it (512k/256k version), when I was told it should only take 3 or 4 weeks. Talking to the engineer who installed it, waits this long were not uncommon - at least outside of Dublin (I'm on the Dooradoyle exchange in Limerick). I got the business DSL even though its for a residential property, maybe if it was for a business ESAT might have pulled finger more quickly :D

I can't fault the service though, speed wise it does what it says on the box - though I'm not looking foward to the first bill :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 arlbb

hi Jilm
    are you sharing the connection between more than one computer? If so did you get a router with Esat or from elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Just 1 PC using the connection, arlbb. If you're interested in sharing a connection there are some good threads in Nets / Comms

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=543063#post543063

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

My Esat installation took two months from application to connection. This was very frustrating. They mention a "19 business days" requirement for Eircom to ready the line, but there's delays ahead of that (credit approval, paperwork) and after it (getting the technician scheduled). I too asked the technician about cause of delays and he hinted the sales force might be selling just a little bit ahead of actual availability in some exchanges.

I'm pretty happy with it too. I'm sharing the connection between two PCs using a Linksys wireless router.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Eircom are required to complete the local loop unbundling in19 working days from the date that esat make the application.

So at a guess you're talking about 20-25 working days from application to install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

My EsatBT Business DSL installation took just under 5 weeks but that was including Christmas and New Year.
    ( Roches St, Limerick exchange )

Would of been quicker due to the fact that Eircom only took two weeks to disconnect my ISDN line. That took everyone by surprise.

Advertisement