Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best Premeirship Goal OF the Decade competition

• 04-02-2003 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

What do people thimk was the best goal of the last ten years of the premiership My personnal favourite has to be Mat LE TISSIER wonder goal against blackburn pick it up inside his own half driblled by 4 players then curls a beauty in to the top lrft hand corner from all of 35 yards an this was against the team that won the league that year top class. 2nd just be hind PAOLO DI CANIO cracker of a volley against wimbledon long floting cross from sinclair to the far back post Di Cannio leaps in to the air and produce's a scissors kick of unreal control outside of the right foot in to the far corner Arogant Genious.

Game of the decade no contest LIVERPOOL 4-3 NEWCASTLE UNITED
    Weds 3 Apr 1996

What a game simple breath taking football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Wonder how many are gonna pick Beckham's fluke ?? :)

There are a few Bergkamp goals that will have to go in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Di Canio scored another unbelievable goal at the beginning of this year which should be goal of the season.

There've been so many crackers, it's hard to even remember half of them :) Of course the le Tiss catalogue is definitely up there. Tony Yeboah scored that right cracker off the cross bar for leads. There was Gordy Strachans blast in to the top corner from across the other side of the box, and the ball just got stuck up there! Trev Sinclairs Bi-cycle kick was one of the best goals ever scored in the history of football. That was for QPR in the cup though...

The best goal I can think of right now, was Ian Wright V Everton all those years ago. Ball was played forward to him, he controlled it on the volley to flick it over the head of the hapless Everton defender (cant remember who), his second touch was another dink back over the same defender who didn’t know what was going on, and then the third was an 18 yard (or so) volley/chip over the then outstanding Neville Southall!! Genius :D
    Weds 3 Apr 1996
    Jammy bastard friend of mine happened to be at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Yes Beckhams was a bit of a fluke poor neill sullivan got loped twice that season think some villa palyer did it .Yes Berkgamp has scored some beautys the one last season against newcastle comes to mind but his goal against sunderland wear he draged back on both feet while turning 360 degrees and curling it into the top corner was special his celedration was cool wear he ran over to the camera and held his hand over his mouth to make it look like he was stunned he did that was funny an cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by woodyg

Weds 3 Apr 1996

What a game simple breath taking football

the football wasnt breath taking it just had two teams who couldn't defend.

Goal of the decade had to be di Canio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by kamobe
    Tony Yeboah scored that right cracker off the cross bar for leads.

Guy i know was at that game vs Liverpool went o toilet when he scored ,came back to his seat after 5 minutes of 30,000 fans going ballistic asked another mate what was the goal like "nah didnt miss much was a tap in" didnt see it till about 3 weeks later.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dragon heart

i kno it wasnt in the premiership but i think giggs goal in the FA cup replay against arsenal was excellent pure class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Steven Gerrard's goal against Manchester Utd at Anfield a couple of seasons ago - just running towards the goal, didn't look like anything was really on, then he just belted it thirty yards into the top left corner. Class :)

Shearer's goal against Everton this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Steven Gerrard's goal against Manchester Utd at Anfield a couple of seasons ago - just running towards the goal, didn't look like anything was really on, then he just belted it thirty yards into the top left corner. Class :)

Get out of here with hat ****!

DiCanio's is my favorite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson

You just saved me nominating this one. Brilliant! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I'd have to say Le Tissier's 35 yarder against Blackburn. Pure class...

or Riise's thunderbolt against Man U :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Andy Cole for Man Utd in 1995 in a 2-0 win over Newcastle.
    Schmeichel throws it to Giggs who hits it 1st time to Cantona who hits it 1st time to Cole who hits it 1st time into the net.

simple but the perfect goal :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Henry scored a cracker against United a couple of seasons ago. The match where united took a 3-0 leed against the pool to be pulled back to 3-3 could be up there for the games. I always remember Neil Ruddock after he scored the header, he looked dazed, like he had just headed a ball of lead into the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

im surprised nobody has said this one already - Rod Wallace for Leeds - takes it on the corner of his own box brings it out to the wing where he has 2 players around him dinks it up with his rite and touches it down with his left before taking off like a gazelle towards goal goes around another 2 defenders for good measure and then curls a perfect shot from just outside the box into the top corner - amazing............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah that LIVERPOOL 4-3 NEWCASTLE UNITED game. Twas one of the best games I've ever seen, Collymore even scored!! yeah!

Think i have that seasons goals on a cd i got with a computer magazine couple years ago . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

Bergkamps goal against Newcastle at St. James Park last season is surely up there and also Le Tissiers against Newcastle at the Dell all those years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Yes Le Tissier against Newcastle where he knocked it overhead and everything. Wonderful goal. Probably my choice for goal of the decade, off the top of my head. Shearer against Everrton this season was also good.

Advertisement