Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a little help upgrading

Options
  • 24-03-2001 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I want to upgrade a pc that has 32 mb ram
    350 mhz p2
    ****ty 16 mb ati card...

here a fre qestions:
    If you order RAM from america will it work on european machines?
    and is it hard to install ram ?
    and does it matter if you import a graphics card?
    and what is the best make of RAM
    and what is the best place to get all this stuff cheap?
    and could someone also tell me how much a good network card costs (10/100 ) and where to get it
    and does it matter if i import to network card and im all out of questions ,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

1) "If you order RAM from america will it work on european machines?"

Yes.

2) "and is it hard to install ram ?"

No, just plug it into the slot on your motherboard and that's it - no drivers or anything needed.

3) "and does it matter if you import a graphics card?"

Nope, not at all.

4) "and what is the best make of RAM"

Crucial probably make the best RAM - Overclockers UK, OverclockingStore and Dabs all carry Crucial sticks.

5) "and what is the best place to get all this stuff cheap?"

Probably www.ocuk.co.uk or www.overclockingstore.co.uk - www.dabs.com and www.scan.co.uk are worth a look as well. You will have to pay sterling difference and shipping though.

6) "and could someone also tell me how much a good network card costs (10/100 ) and where to get it"

I wouldn't pay more than 15 quid for a 10mbit card; I dunno what the going rate for a 10/100 is but if you need one, again I wouldn't pay over 30 or 40 quid tops. Don't worry too much about makes or manufacturers; most of them are much of a muchness at the end of the day, if all you want is to use your PC on a home LAN or at a LAN party.

7) "and does it matter if i import to network card"

Nope. All PC components are exactly the same everywhere in the world (except power supplies of course, which are different outside Europe because of their crappy 110v power systems...)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

shouldn't this be in the techolody forum ?

Advertisement