Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i've got my FTV card - what next?

• 04-02-2003 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I've got my english FTV card and the installer is coming in the next few days.

What would you advise me to do with the ftv card once the installer has left?

It is the new ftv card because it has the picture of the house with the satellite on the roof beaming out a signal!

Should I give the real serial number or a fake one? If the robot at sky says it is an irish digibox do I hang up or what?

please HELP!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I would suggest that you do noting for the time being. It has been reported throughout the news groups on this site especially that when people rang up to activate FTV Cards on a Irish sub box they were indeed getting the reply which you mentioned. I have a replacement on the way, which I should have be the end of the week, which I will be hoping to activate to an Irish sub box. I will let you know how I get on if that’s any good to you. In the last two days I have managed to take two FTV cards off of Irish boxes and put them on to non-sub boxes in anticipation of being told this. When I rang the BBC there was no mention of any problems with serial numbers when I gave the new box details. I was actually told that on one of the cards the replacement card is due to be sent out early next week so I made the change just in time is what she said to me. That particular card was a Scottish one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

so i'll wait and see what is the outcome with your ftv card??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I'd wait and see what card you get for the Sky Sub first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

I got my FTV card yesterday from west-sat. I left the cad in the box today and contacted wet-sat to get it activated. When I came home this evening it was working, with the exception of BBC1. My Irish sub card is paired to the same box and still works fine.

Mossie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by mossie
    My Irish sub card is paired to the same box and still works fine.

Mossie

I hope you didnt remove FTV card before BBC1 was activated? Dont' think that would be wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by mossie
    I got my FTV card yesterday from west-sat. I left the cad in the box today and contacted wet-sat to get it activated. When I came home this evening it was working, with the exception of BBC1. My Irish sub card is paired to the same box and still works fine.

Mossie

I am also waiting for new FTA cards from West-Sat with interest but they will not be replacement cards as they are for friends of mine ie "first timers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 magaiver

Could i have West Sats site or phone number for ftv card?

I hope you didnt remove FTV card before BBC1 was activated? Dont' think that would be wise

No I didn't. BBC1 came on around 11pm last night so all's fine now.

Email is info@west-sat.com

Mossie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by magaiver

West -Sat Nr : 00441288381679. Ask for Luke Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 magaiver

Thanks!i will call them
    I will e-mail them the number is not valid,i cant call
    My friend told me that west-sat people are realy friendly.Thanks mossie

info@west-sat.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

What are the advantages of getting a FTV card if a person os already a full Sky subscriber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

In a word,
    ITV1
    Channel 4
    Channel 5
    BBC Choice (3)
    BBC Four
    5 live
    BBC News 24
    CBBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

thanks,
    Any idea of what West Sat charges for these cards

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

So, west-sat are selling English FTV cards to Irish users?

Is that not illegal, and how do they get around the problem of needing a UK TV licence to be entitled to FTV channels?

Ro

I dunno how they do it. Each TV Licence can get you 4 free FTV cards, though.

Any idea of what West Sat charges for these cards

Stg£23. Worked out about €35. Including delivery.

Mossie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by irishbyte

it doesnt make a difference. the day my card got activated i had the subscription card in (it was Saturday) and put the FTV card in before bed and BBC1 still came on the next night

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

What happens when you call to activate the card?

I understood that the cards were registered to a particular address, and that the idea of activating the card was to verify that the person was actually entitled to the service, by virtue of living in the UK.

Do West Sat give you an address to tally with the card?

Is the activation number run by Sky, or by another authority?

Basically, what I'm asking is: Where's the catch?

Thanks,

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

No - you have to email your box details to West-Sat, and they get it activated for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Actiually, does anyone have the e-mail/web site details for West Sat.

Thanks

• Advertisement

It's on another current thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

DMC

Anychance you could be specific on the thread as I'm going blind here scrolling up and down!

Thanks

Hold on, its on the previous page! E-mail and telephone numbers. The web site is down.

I got my FTV card from a friend in england - would west-sat be able to activate my card for free or would I just try and phone sky to get it activated?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No west sat would not be able to activate it for you. You will have to get who ever got the card to activate it for you. West Sat can only get cards which they supply activated.

would it matter if my friend in england or me activated the card as it is going into a new sky sub digibox? would the serial number not show up as an irish box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

Sorry if this has been asked already but are facilities such as the programme guide and setting reminders, etc available with a FTA card? I'd miss them if they weren't! Are there any such services that you'd lose?

THANKS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by Ozzie
    Sorry if this has been asked already but are facilities such as the programme guide and setting reminders, etc available with a FTA card? I'd miss them if they weren't! Are there any such services that you'd lose?

THANKS!

All the above services are available with an FTV card.

The only services that would not be available would be those that need a phone connection.

Advertisement