Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explanations of Soundbites

Options
  • 04-02-2003 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Sometimes Blair and Bush make some confusing statements so I have taken the time to decypher them.

Bush: "Saddam Hussein is a homicidal dictator who is addicted to weapons of mass destruction."

What he means: "Just because I am the same as Saddam is irrelevant. I have a bigger army."

Bush: "Some have argued that confronting the threat from Iraq could detract from the war against terror. To the contrary, confronting the threat posed by Iraq is crucial to winning the war on terror."

What he means: "Some have argued that confronting the threat from Iraq could detract from the war against terror, when in fact it will probably create a new generation of American haters."

Bush & Blair: "The time for Iraq to disarm is weeks not months"

What they mean: "Our combined armies should be ready in a few weeks"

Bush: "I'm not willing to stake one American life on trusting Saddam Hussein."

What he means: "American soldiers are not human beings but cyborgs"

Bush: "Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud."

What he means: "I can't wait to get my hands on that oil"

Blair: "'The alliance with the United States is strong, it will remain strong"

What he means: "I can't wait to get kickbacks from America"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

Bush: "Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud."

Man his speech writers are good... Scare people stupid of being nuked, so they don't need proof to invade someone elses country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

..you can always tell when the grown-ups have left the room...:rolleyes:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭rien_du_tout

Originally posted by mike65

Mike.

Come on Mike, the americans know he hasnt nuclear weapons.....or is the nucleur weapons to them... and that is pure scaremongering in that quote. Fair enough, some of them are quite abstract in their translation but what politician actually says what he means..........

seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭rien_du_tout

Originally posted by mike65

Mike.

Come on Mike, the americans know he hasnt nuclear weapons.....or is the nucleur weapons to them... and that is pure scaremongering in that quote. Fair enough, some of them are quite abstract in their translation but what politician actually says what he means..........

seán

Advertisement