Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Bar / Wrestling

• 04-02-2003 11:23pm

I was just wondering if anybody knows if sports bars show wrestling PPV's ?
    It would be pretty cool seeing the PPV's in one also for WM .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Originally posted by Dre as in Dray
    I was just wondering if anybody knows if sports bars show wrestling PPV's ?
    It would be pretty cool seeing the PPV's in one also for WM .
    I doubt it as a 3hr show wouldn't be over till 3/4 in morning
    and most bars dont have that licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Believe it or not, i was and still am looking into some kind of way of getting a lot of people together in a hall or bar to watch the PPV's . like a club or organisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

theres a lot of pubs in town with function rooms - if you had an event once a month with videos of classic events/ppvs or the latest from say tna/ajpw etc over a few pints - im sure youd get a decent crowd in - and a lot of function places dont charge on week days as they are quiet and theyre happy to get the business

Biggest problem is licenses, the premisies has to have a license to show an event to a crowd

I will give the sports bar a call and see what the chances are . I would rather it if we had somthing official (kinda) it might be easier . They tend to look towards american sports and things like that . Mabey if we can get definate numbers who knows we might be able to get NWO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

would be an experience watchin somethin like wmania in that atmosphere.

Well lads i can get 3 or 4 to go if anybody is interested in this please PM me with an exact number . I will get onto the sports bar with exact numbers and will see what happens .

Well who would be interested and ill do the rounds. It would cost cash to arrange this so would you mind paying a fee? say €6.00 something like that, because the cost of the venue would have to be catered for . Dont know about Drink, but they might be able to sell untill late you we could just buy a mossy load of booze at last orders

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

I’d love to do something like that as a change from sitting at home alternating between coffee/beer to stay awake/enjoy Torrie-v-Dawn Marie! I could get another 1 or 2 people also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Id be well on for something like this

• Advertisement

I think we will be looking at lomthing like 10 euro to get in. Thats what it was for the super bowl. I think the sports bar are going to be sponcering my old american football team so i can see what i can do. Lads we need numbers tho ! Cmon

Might have something lads, Watch this space.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

On St. Patricks day last year i was watching Wrestlemania on a MASSIVE screen in Fitzsimmons in Temple Bar.

good watchin :)
    no sound tho, or rather you couldnt hear it over the music...

I was watching RAW there last week.

Advertisement