Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 2K problem

Options
  • 05-02-2003 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

rite, me ma got a laptop from work (a certain childrens hospital) an it has win 2k on it... now i know its server software an it wont let me intall games or anything on it.... know why? cause i need admin powerz..

with that i got me ma to talk to the heads that is in charge of the laptops... me ma says it wont let her on the net.. (which it wont) an the heads say they know nothing of a admin pass... the previous owner of the laptop has now left the job on bad terms so theres no chance of gettin any help from her (seein as how me ma has her job!!) now im gettin fed up with the 2k an want the good old 98 or nt... any1 know how i can get around the pass or is there any FREE programs that will allow me to do a dump on the reg or whatever to get the pass or reset it..?

sound for any help...
    ohh an im lookin for an o/s disk 98 1st edition if possable pm me!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Google Is Your Friend

Here's another one you should probably check out.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If you are going to reinstall why not just debug the thing and reinstall from scratch, much better in the long run.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

well it wont let me install...
    in the bios there is a passwod.. im guessin its probably the same as the admin pass...
    the boot sequance as far as i can make out is c:, it dont even check the other 2..? ive tryed it in dos as well.. dunno what to do.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

What make & model is it? You'll have to find the documentation for the laptop. It should tell you how to reset the bios. This will probably involve opening up the laptop to some extent. There are software bios crackers about but I've never had any luck with them (haven't tried too hard though).

rob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i know on some armada's you can open a little slot and disconnect the battery. Leave it for a few mins and your done!

or at least you can install and OS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

yup, take out the cmos battery for a few minutes to get rid of your bios password to re-install (if possible)

Advertisement