Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Digisender signal

• 05-02-2003 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I have recently read in these forums that the digisenders available from Argos ect, can not transmit an RGB signal only composite. At the moment I have my digibox "Video Out" setting, System Setup>Picture Settings>Video Output set to RGB, the other option being PAL. If I attach a digisender to my digibox(obviously to send the picture to a second tv in the house) will I have to change the "Video Output" setting to PAL or can I leave it on the RGB setting which gives the better picture.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The digisender will convert it to RF for transmission so it should make little difference to the received picture, the digisender may only accept composite so best bet is to try both settings and see what happens.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Just one question on the digisender....Can you change the channel from a different room with your SKY remote or am I getting "wires crossed" here with a different appliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

You can change channels - most models include an 'IR eye' which you attach to the 'transmitter' near your digibox. The receiver in the other room picks up the IR from the remote and retransmits it the other end. As a simple 'retransmission' system, by using original remotes in the other room, you can control VCR, Digibox, DVD etc.

However, the one on mine is unreliable and unpractical. It seems that to work well it needs to be placed some way across the room from the equipment. So I don't usually bother.

Advertisement