Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Josh Ritter - Golden Age of Radio

Options
  • 05-02-2003 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I picked this up for only €9.99 in Tower last week. I'd never been pushed about him until recently. This was mainly because, due to the amount of gigs he was playing around town when the album came out, I thought he was some chancer from Dublin putting on an American mid-west accent and singing songs in that kinda style. Which I thought was pretty sad. Turns out he IS actually from Idaho and just spent a year over here. Once I realised that, I didn't find him as irritating and the songs played on Phantom sort of grew on me. When I saw this last week I didn't reckon I could go far wrong for a tenner. Even at that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the album - there isn't a bad song on it and a few are really quite beautiful. Very much a Monday-evening-after-a-hard-day's-work or Sunday-morning-after-a skinful-the-night-before kind of an album.

If you haven't sampled him yet I'd recommend you pick up the album while it's going this cheap (I reckon you'll still get it at this price). Few other good deals going. I finally got London Calling on CD for the same price - another great bargain.

Advertisement