Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delete my account/profile DeVore

• 05-02-2003 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Due to an ongoing dispute with two mods I have no desire to remain a member of boards.ie
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79470&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
    Out of 4 posts in this forum I have been publicly scolded on 2 occasions. As I said to 1 of the mods from this forum I am entitled to my option regardless what others think. I have received pm's also from 1 mod telling me the rules which I accepted but u mods seem to think u can set rules and not follow them yourselves, the duality of man. Lead by example I say.
    Thank you and goodbye.
    jok

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

attentionwhore.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We dont delete accounts as the posts that are attributed to those accounts will remain.

Why do you need this account deleted? why not just never return?

I never understood the request to delete accounts, and we've never done it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

i think hes jus looking to let every1 no that a moderator disagreed with him and called him and idiot and he decided 2 go no a big 'huff' campaign about it!

Deleting accounts is totally stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

and if you read the thread you'll see exactly why he's an idiot

in my entitled opinion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Thats Offanon the Clanarena player? Pity to see you gone from the boards but theres a bit of life coming back into Irish quake if you want to play some QWCA again. I think you're right Offy, I would also be pissed off if I made a point on politics forum (valid or not) and got personal insults from moderators in return, and then being told that I can't reply in a similar manner.

You're probably better off.. since you won't have to put up with muppets like Danny anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

I'm with offy on this one. . . . .

The politics board is far too regimentally controlled . . . . the level of condescension (and sometimes downright rudeness) by the mods is unfair and off-putting to new posters . . . . and when you try to fight back you either get pm'd or threatened with a ban.

Bonkey should stop waving his big stick and allow people to express an opinion (however invalid he thinks it might be !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by Illkillya
    You're probably better off.. since you won't have to put up with muppets like Danny anymore.

I do believe that i am entitled to my opinion no matter how muppetational it may be and that by calling me a muppet you are acting in the manner that you have condemned allready.
    Personal Insults tut tut

oh btw

WAKA WAKA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Just because you've never done it before doesn't mean you're not legally obliged to do so once a request has been made. I realise that deleting the account could mess up your script routines. You could however, search and replace his posts with blanks and rename his account to something else.
    Originally posted by DeVore
    We dont delete accounts as the posts that are attributed to those accounts will remain.

Why do you need this account deleted? why not just never return?

I never understood the request to delete accounts, and we've never done it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Terminator
    Just because you've never done it before doesn't mean you're not legally obliged to do so once a request has been made. I realise that deleting the account could mess up your script routines. You could however, search and replace his posts with blanks and rename his account to something else.

yes, thats right, its the legal issues that keep DeVore awake at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Who asked to have their account deleted before for the same kinda reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Stfu.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Plenty of people have asked to have their account deleted both publically and privately.

I've never done it because I strongly feel that Boards is also a record of history of the "zeitgeist" and that we shouldnt just randomly delete bits of it.

What should we do with posts that he has made already?
    Should we alter the password to the account... what difference is that from just never using it again?
    Should we alter his username? *boggle*

If we delete the account the posts will be attributed to whom? Guest?

No, you own your own words.

DeV.

Exactly. If you own your own words you should (and do) have the right to have them taken down.

Deleted accounts would be renamed to a standard "Alan Smithee" type account and all their posts wiped.

You could charge an administration fee for this and automate the process in each users options with the click of a button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Exactly. If you own your own words you should (and do) have the right to have them taken down.

Deleted accounts would be renamed to a standard "Alan Smithee" type account and all their posts wiped.

You could charge an administration fee for this and automate the process in each users options with the click of a button.

Or you could be completly crazy and use the features that allow you to remove your own posts and then never post again.

Same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

From the politics board "charter" ::
    Never attack a poster. Attack the content of their post. (You can tell someone that their opinion is based on incomplete or incorrect information, but do not call them an idiot.)

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Or you could be completly crazy and use the features that allow you to remove your own posts and then never post again.

Same thing.

Yes but that would be very tiresome if you have several hundred posts. Why not automate the process? Its about 5 lines of code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I say leave them up let it be a monument to their stupidity, its only embarrassment that would make someone want to have their posts deleted.
    Anyway as trolls go its quite poor, just lock it. Now bubbles theres a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah these threads make me laugh. Wan the Bonkey, give em hell!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Why not automate the process? Its about 5 lines of code.

You (or whoever) could also automate the process, and you happen to be the one motivated to do this it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Bloody drama queens. If you don't want to post any more, just don't bloody post any more. None of us care in the slightest bit about this great affront to your retarded opinions, and wasting everyone's time with a wrist-flappy post about how everyone has been so HORRID to you and you want your account taken away before you burst into tears really doesn't make a damn bit of difference to this fact.

• Advertisement

Its funny the way a simple request is being treated as some outrageous demand. Jesus people cut down on the caffeine will ya.

Lets all stick our heads back in the sand. There ... much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

a simple request

It was a simple request alright...

..so why did he post it on a public forum. Has he never heard of the Private Message function?

..so why does he make such a drama out it. Poor little lamb had some hurt feelings..aww. Doesn't mean we all needed to know, or care..which leads me back to my first point.

..so why doesn't he just stop using boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    It was a simple request alright...

..so why does he make such a drama out it. Poor little lamb had some hurt feelings..aww. Doesn't mean we all needed to know, or care..which leads me back to my first point.

..so why doesn't he just stop using boards.ie?

If all the people who didn't care about this topic refrained from adding their two cents this would be a much more constructive conversation.

shut up shut up SHUT UP!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If all the people who didn't care about this topic refrained from adding their two cents this would be a much more constructive conversation.

Given you've replied the most to this thread you must be short on cents.

Maybe you've no cents at all.

YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY CENTS!

*sigh*, I should post to humour.

Yes stick to humour. You crack me up. :rolleyes:

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T SHUT UP!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement