Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Brownstone (G 'n' R cover band) @ Olympia

Options
  • 05-02-2003 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I see that the Guns 'n' Roses cover band Mr Brownstone are playing midnight at the Olympia this Saturday night (8th Feb). I checked these guys out last year in the TBMC and they kicked total Ass. I would recommend checking em out :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

I taught tht the bands was, Gunz n rosez.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irish Man

I thought that to, but I rang the olympia yesterday after seeing 'mr brownstone' on the poster and they confirmed it was them. I actually think they are a lot better then the other band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

someone tape it for me, i kant make it

Ok I don't like telling lies so I have to face up. I am the guitarist in the band and we are basically looking for a successful night... so tell all your friends, lovers, parents, pets, teachers, your higher powers etc You get the drift.....

Ok I don't like telling lies so I have to face up. I am the guitarist in the band and we are basically looking for a successful night... so tell all your friends, lovers, parents, pets, teachers, your higher powers etc You get the drift.....

• Advertisement

Well I will be there, and I am draggin a bunch of people with me, Its going to be the GigSmart Party bash.

I hope that you appreciate it though, gonna get loads of stick from the missus, she's flying off the Australia for a year next Wednesday and instead of going to Carlow with her to say good bye to her parents, I am going to see your band.
    Now thats dedication.

Niall.

Niall, you are a diamond among the rough. I hope she will understand.... though she could reschedule her plans for a great Rock and Roll night ;)
    Though that might be pushing it a bit.

Wow, leaving the Country for a year without saying goodbye to the parents, I think that is grounds to be dismissed from the Will.

Don't worry about it man, we have been planning this for a few weeks now, I have people from GigSmart coming along and I also have a gig on in the Music Centre on Saturday Night and its been pre arranged that we are all going from the Music Centre to the Olympia, I will even plug your gig from the stage and try to get the entire audience to come down for ya.

Regards.

Niall.

Check out my post about the free gig in the Music Centre this Saturday, if they don't have to pay into our gig then I think that they will all be on for going to yours.

See you saturday.

Play Rocket Queen for us, I will be thinkin of our conversation when you break into the opening Riff.

Cheers.

She will just have to stand on her own two feet...... lol Though the parents will could be worth it ;)

I will most certainly dedicate Rocket Queen to ya. We usually get two hot chicks from the crowd to dance either side of the stage during Rocket Queen, so don't get distracted now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Little Wing

Nice one Lads!
    Whos singing with ya these days, Is its ken?
    H

• Advertisement

And Ill be there, Good luck to all invloved, Man I remember being at your first show in The Windmill when Burky was still involved,
    I can only imagine he'll be kicking himself over in Scotland. He would have been there if he was around.

Hows it going (who is this)?
    When was the last time ya seen us. Ken is gone a long time!!!

Helen
    Last time I saw you was the Layne Staley gig in TBMC.
    Gona get a few heads fro Sat , Show you some support

Ah hello Helen. Excellent, the more support the better so that we can secure the venue for future Dublin gigs....fingers crossed.
    A guy by the name of Lorcan is singing the past 1.5 years

yeah its been a while since I saw you do the gnr thing apologies!!
    But Ill be there Sat night no worries, Looking forward to it,
    Well done for getting the Olympia thats excellent !

Cheers Helen. We were pushing fo it a long time. A few factors helped us out :)

I remember you lot talking about it a good while ago, Its excellent!
    I will get skospostikleised in Burkys place as he aint around, Can let the side down n stuff!!!
    Gota bail just now but see ya Sat night.

Whackaboooooo!!!!

Irish Man, you played the Layne Staley Tribute in the TBMC?

I was there for that, were you the last band?

If you were I was well impressed, see ya on Sat, lookin forward to it.

If you are ever looking for a support band, can I recomment a band called Sundogs who also played that gig in the Music Centre, great band and they love GNR.

( No I don't play with Sundogs, but they are a great band ).

Cheers.

Niall.

Hey Niall S,
    Yeah they were the last band but the singer is different,
    Ive seen these guys starting off doing the GNR stuff, Its great you wont regret going !!

Morning People.
    Yip, we were the last band on at the TBMC for the AIC/Layne trib. Great night. Thanks for the kind words lad. I know of the Sundogs and have chatted to their Singer at the Trib. night. Support bands definately add to the vibe of a gig.... you never know.
    Thanks also Helen :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement