Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ATI Catalyst Drivers ?

• 05-02-2003 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭

I have a Radeon 8500 LE, downloaded the latest drivers and experienced a 12% performance decrease over the ones that came with the card (ATI retail).

Anyone here with a similar card recomend the drivers they use ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

i have a 9700 pro if thats any help. but check out drivernews.ro, i got some a set that combines the 2.5 with the 3.0. and it adds a few extra things. they're not official. but the 3.0 drivers on their own just suck bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

3.0 are rocking on my system. Performance increases all round.

However if you got a older card, latest drivers arent always the best. I used very old drivers for my old nvidia card cos the newest gave me half the fps in UT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Can you post a link to the Omega Drivers ? I can't see them on ATI's site.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement