Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon 9700 pro probs

• 05-02-2003 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

ok. i have this and a a7n8x deluxe mobo along with a amd xp 2600+ and 256ddr. i have the omega drivers that are a mix of the 2.5 and 3.0 ones. but when i play a game like sof2 or q3 or even moh: aa, i play it on full at 1280x1024. but it may say i have 130fps for example but its very jerky and then it freezes and i have to reboot - the only games that dont do this are splinter cell and ut2003 etc... any1 have any suggestions? oh and i have dx9 aswell. oh yea and in the directX diagnostic tool thing under the display tab, where it says direct draw acceleration :enable/disable and summat else, where it says AGP Texture Acceleration, it says not available....but its a 9700 pro! shouldnt it have that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

i got a 9700 pro and mines enabled. Try enabling it.
    Have you tried thr proper drivers? ie cat 3?
    nps here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

i cant because it says not available and i have the catalyst 3.0 drivers.....help!!! and another thing...i was looking through a system settings log thingy and came across the grfx card, it says the agp thing is only on 1x, despite the fact that it can go to 8x. and it also said that total agp memory was 0 bytes....and ya know in the smartgart thing? where it says agp fast read or agp fast write or whatever, when i redetect them they go to on, so it says to reboot which i do but they still stay disabled and i cant turn em on!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Leave fast write off. It doesnt work with the card which is why you can't enable it.
    I tried same thing before being told.

Have you tried sticking it to agp x4 or x8 in the bios?

Sounds like a fairly weird problem. I've never seen it before.
    Try doing a google/ search hardware sites forums and if you still dont get an answer, contact your supplier.

EDIT: i just rechecked fast write thing and apparently the newer drivers allow it to be on. Good Luck.

ok....and where can i see the bios? is that the thing where you press delete to go into setup as the pc's startin up? well ive checked in there and agp 8x is enabled but i doesnt say it is anywhere else. everything in there says agp 8x agp whatever etc. but in windows it says nearly the opposite...

yer bios is the del on starup thingy.

To me it kinda sounds like a faulty card...contact ur supplier imo or try it in someone elses pc to verify its a dodgy card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

First off! Uninstall your Radeon9700pro. Install your MOTHERBOARD AGP CHIPSET drivers. Now when you reboot and re-install your graphics drivers agp texture acceleration should be enabled by default.

www.tweak3d.net and follow the bios guide in there.
    www.guru3d.com and have a poke around.
    from a load of junk I read through this evening I'm led to believe the 2.5's are the best driver for your card but because each system is unique in it's own way this may not be the case - trial and error and a lot of rebooting between tests will help you differentiate.

Next time you reformat because of a blue moon and full eclipse under the 3rd sun and possible sacrificial animals. 1) Format your hd's, 2) Install your os, 3) Install your chipset drivers, 4) Get all your windowsupdates, 5) install directX, 6) install your Gfx drivers. Reboot between everything and follow those steps and your system will perform the way it was meant to. Finally now you can go download nvmax/rivatuner/powerstrip or whatever it is you want to tweak with, I use rivatuner or nvmax and you can find a good guide to using it at the guru3d's webby.

As a matter of curiosity, why in the hell would you want directx9?

beats the hell ouy of me. i lke being up to date :)
    anyway i got the thing sorted, just had to reinstall the motherboard drivers. thanks

Advertisement