Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and White is brilliant

Options
  • 23-03-2001 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

is probably what id say if id played it.
    shame its not out yet thou smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's available in Smiths in Galway...
    Although, they're not doing the "black one is £5 cheaper" bit - bastids!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

the bastids in EB are supposed to give me a shout when it comes out in their stores in Dublin.

IM STILLLLL WAIIIITINGGggg!!!

thank you.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

If ye hadn't heard, EA scrapped the black box/white box idea. Stoopid ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

"It's available in Smiths in Galway..."

That true, it in their stocks out back?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can realistically see GB travelling to galway to get his hands on this game you know. No sarcasm whatsoever smile.gif

- Munch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually, i posted this as eb in liffey valley had all the boxes out front and when i went to buy it they were all pre order boxes.
    yes it comes in trendy blank, but it also comes in virginal white as well.
    there were no prices on it thou smile.gif

so there you have it, black and white:black or white?
    the choice cilla, is yours....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Munch,
    I'ld nearly fly home to get it if I thougt that there was no other way to get my hands on it without having to wait 73 days to do so

A no-win situation is a possiblity that every commander may face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

April 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I think that fiver to charity thing was scrapped a long time ago. The logistics are apparently too much or something.

I'm not going to get to play b&w for ages - ****in finals. I've been waiting 3 years, whats another 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

yep scraped.
    its like 10 days away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's definitely in Smiths - I think I'll buy it tonight biggrin.gif

I'll have first impressions tomorrow kiddies!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

Im very surprised...I just found out that it was released over here(canada for those who dont know) yesterday...in a few hours after getting some sleep I shall be getting my official copy

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Ill be picking up mine on the way home biggrin.gif

FFS I missed the last copy....45 copies of it sold out in 2 days that really says something about it...I'll have to wait until Monday until they get more frown.gif

A no-win situation is a possiblity that every commander may face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Does anyone know if the rumour I heard about a free mission disc if it is preordered from certain shops(EB,Game) true?

I doubt it tho, cos I heard it from the most unreliable peson I ever met.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

it's true if you pre order you get a creaters disk wiht more of them to play wiht
    but as with every thing in life you can get
    from other places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

With regards to the Online monitoring, just saw this on blackandwhite.com:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    About Black & White and Spyware.

There has been the rumour that Black & White has so called spyware, which sends information about your computer (registry details, hardware info etc.) to Lionhead/EA.

This is wrong.

Black & White uses a mechanism for its built in messaging system to tell the server if you're online or not and ready for receiving messages from other friends online. The information sent is even too small to fit my full name into it.

We are not spying on your system!

For the people who are concerned about their privacy and security: If you connect with a normal web browser to a web site, much, much more information (your IP, your operating oystem, your web browser, the site you came from, etc.) is stored on every web server on the Internet.

So, be more concerned that if you have downloaded illegal software from web sites, the site operator has stored far more information about who you are and where you came from, than Black & White ever does. Suffice to say, if you playing an illegal copy of Black & White, the program is self-aware, so if you encounter problems with it, then maybe you should buy a proper version.
    </font>

Also, there are some extra creatures from lionhead you can download online already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I have to say this game rocks. Never thought it'd be so much fun spanking that giant monkey!! smile.gif Will be buying a copy when it comes out to give Lionhead my support.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Spent the last 2 hours playing it (who would of thought that pre-booking it last sunday would have worked smile.gif) and i must say first impressions are good. Its quite entertaining trying to choose which of the initial 3 animals to go for. Naturally of course i went for the cow. Especially satisfying was one of the side missions involves a quasi-pied piper who takes all the villages kids and its your job to get them back (or not). so when i caught up with him, instead of having him show me the kids i just told my creature to eat him. Mwahahahahahaha, I am a GOD

Just hope the game doesnt go downhill from here

Advertisement