Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE 6 keeps closing???

Options
  • 05-02-2003 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

New to these boards, so hope that someone can help. I recently bought a new computer with IE6 and Windows XP. The problem is that when clicking on links IE6 sometimes closes saying that there is not enough memory and that this is causing it to close.

I have a PC with 80gb HD and 512 SDRAM, so there should be enough memory ?? It also happens when I have no other programs running, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

Re-In-Stall :)

There's no way Ram is a problem, unless its faulty Ram... any problems with other programs ? If not, then definatly reinstall IE ( you can download it or get it on any PC magazine CD usually ). Another thing you could do is right click on the taskbar after IE crashes, open up task manager, click on 'Processes' and see if there is more than 1 instance of IEXPLORER.exe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

SyxPak, he didn't ask for a different browser, so that really didn't serve a purpose beyond making you look like an IE hater, did it?

NorthernScally, can you post the exact error message please?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

yeah would you people stop trying to convert people to linux and alternative junk and help the man fix his problem :p
    That's no solution syx, they are alternatives which won't do squat for him if say he has a faulty stick of ram...

Try removing a stick of ram or testing with another, I'm highly suspicious it could be faulty. Although try re-installing IE6 first and make sure you have whatever other updates are necessary.

Advertisement