Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARGH Eircom ADSL

Options
  • 05-02-2003 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Could someone please point me to the url for information on Eircom's I-Stream enhanced product. I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find it, now maybe Im just a tick or maybe Eircom don't know **** about making web sites easy to navigate!

[EDIT] Nevermind I found it by going to www.adsl.ie , you admins can delete this if needed :) [/EDIT]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

No admins to delete it im afrid. Its here foreverrrrrrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

The ADMINS can, you know, that DeVore chap the ol fella ... whats his name ... Regi? ;) esckor, Cloud, Luc ... you get my point :)

BTW Anyone know how much I-Stream enhanced is INCLUDING VAT? and what kind of installation costs can I expect for a single user?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

From www.adsl.ie :
    eircom i-stream enhanced
    For a multi user, multi PC networked environment

Speeds are up to 1Mbps downstream / 256kbps upstream
    Connection fee is 165 excl. VAT - Monthly fee is 169 excl. VAT.
    Additional equipment costs will vary with customer requirements.
    For enhanced there is unlimited Internet download allowance.**

That's €199.65 inc VAT for installation and €204.49 inclusive of VAT per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Actually the installation charge for the enhanced product only covers the line. You get no equipment modem/router or otherwise for that. You have to buy that seperately yourself, so it's even more expensive again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Thanks Mountjoy Mugger
    douglasman

Actually the installation charge for the enhanced product only covers the line. You get no equipment modem/router or otherwise for that. You have to buy that seperately yourself, so it's even more expensive again....

I had a feeling about this :( I better research a little. One last question, can Eircom do a line test over an ISDN line at the moment? As far as I know Esat can do it so I can't see Eircom having any trouble :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Yes Eircom can do a DSL test over an ISDN line. My ISDN line successfully passes the prequal test, but I remember reading about some legal issues as to whether Eircom can admit to being able to do it or not. Also, Eircom are supposed to be introducing something whereby if you order DSL when you have an ISDN line, you are not charged for the downgrade to POTS. That's supposed to be coming later this month, so if you have ISDN maybe wait a week or two and then you shouldn't be stung having to pay to downgrade to POTS (analogue line) yourself.

Advertisement