Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the myseterious Q?

Options
  • 05-02-2003 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

Who are what is Q. It posts in the technology board maybe once a month.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's like that guy from Star Trek - knows all, is all, is everywhere at once etc etc.

It is a robot afaik, it posts on predetermined topics afair. I could be wrong.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pretty much. Its a general account that automates a few things for us (such as posting news etc).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He's Cloud's little marionette :)

He's just a bot that roams boards.ie posting topics of interest......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Q's posts are generated by a little script I (usually) run once a month; it basically fetches news headlines on a particular topic through the Moreover system, and allows people to comment on any headline in a related forum here at boards.ie.

John.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Q's close relative, R, works on the Regional boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Now youse have got it all wrong Q the the dude from bond ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Cloud
    Q's posts are generated by a little script I (usually) run once a month; it basically fetches news headlines on a particular topic through the Moreover system, and allows people to comment on any headline in a related forum here at boards.ie.

John.
    --

Nonsense, on a number of occasions this Q person has spoken personally to me on boards and even IRC and despite the fact that you are a Doctor of Electronics or something I doubt even you have created artificial intelligence!

I DEMAND THE TRUTH!

/me starts singing Metallica - Master Of Puppets.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by amp
    I DEMAND THE TRUTH!

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH*! :D

*couldnt pass up the opportunity :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Originally posted by seamus
    /me starts singing Megadeth - Master Of Puppets.....

Megadeth?!!

Please tell me you're joking. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Q is the moderator of most of the Admin boards too, including the mod board. I think he is actually the master of muppets. He is the real person behind the moderators' keyboards - he IS BUBBLES!

Originally posted by ManWithThePlan
    Megadeth?!!

Please tell me you're joking. :(

Temporary insanity. I was sick at the time....:p

Advertisement