Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital cutting the picture in widescreen mode?

Options
  • 05-02-2003 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

HI,

I recently signed up to the NTL digital cable service and find it pretty good except that I find it occaisionally cuts approx one-third of the right hand side of the screen off in 16:9 widescreen mode.

When I go into the menu, and flip to Pan&Scan or 4:3 and then back to 16:9 its fine, just needs to be done every now and then.

Anyone else seen this? Want to report to NTL but dont expect much joy so would like to know if its happening to everyone....

Foxo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

yup ive these problems too,

sometimes i see nothing but the right third of the screen!, just change the pic mode and it resets.

my money is on a flaw in the decoder boxes, i doubt ntl could do anything, except update the firmware.

maybe its a problem there end though, perhaps they are boardcasting the wrong ratio to the boxes ..... could this happen??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ive noticed that myself on the old TV, i have a wide/Flatscreen now so i cant see it. I curse the day i bought NTL digital though. its a terrible service. on PPV sports events they switch the channel half way through so if you are recording you on get half the show among other things. And the lack of channels is disgraceful.

Advertisement