Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Hawk Down.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Tried to download the demo :)

But the link was unavailable....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

ive played the multiplayer and single player demo. the multiplayer farely rocks, coupla bugs tho and bad lag cuz all the servers were in america and the like. the sp demo is farely alright but the ai needs addressing and the graphics look a bit bland...still its a farely good game and dont EVEN THINK of getting task force dagger.....crappest game....

Darn, already have Task Force Dagger....

I agree crap game.... Stuck on one of the cmapaign levels....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Task Force Dagger uses the older engine, cue loads of bland featureless environs and stupid enemies.

I LOVE black hawk down, it is very different to the other ones in the series (of which I have and love all), I literally cannot wait for it to come out. We are addicted to the mulitplayer, and as for the single player, some love it, some hate it. Put me down in the former category.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Been playing both the demo`s recently, they are good, but then im a fan of the whole series.

imho DF2 online is class, especially on low spec high ping systems

• Advertisement

Just checked with Game Store.

BHD is not due out until 14th of March or there abouts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Played a few games online last night. Nothing new or innovative. Graphics are appalingly bad and it looks like a cheap delta force remake.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

Anyone any updates on the df bhd release in Ireland. From what I know its about the 28th of March in most places.

I've been playing the new demo recently and think its pretty good. But then again I'm a df fan, been playing df2 online for years now (and still am).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tis out on 28th March,
    Graphics are far from appaling , it has totally fantastic explosion effects.You need a hefty PC as there is Bump-mapping everywhere which create a great Shanti-town feeling.
    ER! No Graphics are not appaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Is anyone playing BHD at all? I have it a couple of weeks.

I'm an old DF2 player and was hoping BHD would be decent. The SP is an abomination but craic can still be had on MP.

sorry for digging this up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Played it cleared it. I like the SP game. Enemies were stupid, sure, but they were in the movie too !

Liked the whole feel of it, throwing flashbangs in and clearing rooms etc.... the fixed enemy positions did kill the replay value, but to play through once, I enjoyed it.

Multiplayer is great, we play team based games on my LAN (Only 2 teams of 2 at the moment), great fun, **** with 2 players only though.

I think the magazines have underated this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

I'm playing the game all the time. Moved from df2 to bhd, still play some df2.

Only played about 3 SP missions been playing a lot of MP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

ok so can anyone explain to me how you pass the beach landing ?
    You arive in a boat and have to run from rock to rock, you are been fired upon with mortars.. tried several times but i just cant make it.

any idea's ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

your run in a kinda of a "U" going left to the rocks then back accross the top. You have to avoide the mines so where oissible go directly from rock to rock. When you get the the rock on the furthest rigth u will see the fence in front of you (would be your right as u hit the beach) head for the gap in it. There are 3 or 4 guys in there to get and more mines so carefull where ya step (mines are mainly on the right, so go left and up the hill)

That mission is a pain in the arse BTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i played it and enjoyed it!
    Though i would have liked to be able to drive the vechiles like you can in mobile forces or battlefeild 1942.

I got a bad frames per second with my old gforce 2 gts card! I havent tied it with my new card!

Advertisement