Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibm netvista cant boot to cd??

• 05-02-2003 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

anyone here have any experience working on IBM's Netvista line of business pc's? The one i have at the moment BSOD's for win2000, less than 2 years old. Its stuck in a loop.

I tried ghosting to a new hard drive, but that didnt fix the problem so i was going to resort to running win2000 repair...

but all this would be a hell of a lot easier if i could just boot to cd. I cant believe a pc thats less than 2 years old and has a 1ghz cpu doesnt have the ability to boot to cd (even booting to floppy is an option you have to "turn on" in bios.)

my first (and definetly last) ibm. any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

make the boot disks from the cd-rom.

somtimes the boot-sector on cd-roms doesnt agree with all Drives\Bios.

stick the 2k CDROM in a windoze machine and browse to....

x:\bootdisk

and run the makebt32.exe prog.

youll need 4 floppies for this. They will have all the files during the blue-screen bootup you get from the CDROM.

Its a pain in the ass to make em, but you could be arsing around all day with CD Drives and $hit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i know how to make boot disks, thanks. In fact thats not even an issue as the IBM has a built in sector of the hard drive for recovery. Im looking for anyone who has experience (not a cut and paster - see your other posts) with these pcs.

Advertisement