Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tycho Brahe

Options
  • 05-02-2003 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello All,

Just letting you all know that The Tycho Brahe will be joining me in studio this Friday on Heavy Traffic,

Cathal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Great ****ing band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

Are they really THAT good?
    i'm yet to hear them... so is it worth listening to them..:confused:

I think they are that good. Singer has a beautiful voice and the album is so diverse. If you want an introduction, 'Half mast' from the album is as good as any.

Wow that's a pretty damn good review... i shall indeed be listening the show.
    one more question i don't know if you'll be able to answere but try
    who are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Howya Cathal,

Great to finally have you on line. The internet has finally reached Wexford and about time too!

Just to reiterate though, the tycho brahe really are a class act. "This is..." is definitely in my top 5 Irish albums of the last few years. Buy it, and tune in to Cathal on Friday.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 affric

Originally posted by Ixidor
    Are they really THAT good?
    i'm yet to hear them... so is it worth listening to them..:confused:

why wait for someone to describe the music Ixidor :confused: just go and hear it at their website thetychobrahe.com

it would be difficult anyway - many different sounds. their album both rocks and rolls.

thanks affric....(if that is your REAL name)
    i will indeed do that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Ixidor, no offence, but you have the strangest naïveté about you.
    It's unsettling.

Roxy

I can't help but take that as a complement.

i still have no idea how its unsettling.. but there is nothing i can do about it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

can anyone tell me how to pronounce their name? i'm fairly confident in the first part (ie, tycho) but the brahe bit is more difficult. is it bra-hey or bray or just bra?
    still haven't heard them yet, which is just disgraceful. will be listening to this show tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

it's bra-hey 8)

Originally posted by the corpo
    it's bra-hey 8)

That's what i though but the guy in Tower lokked at me like i was a rapist when i said that. Then i said 'bray' and he spat at me. then i said 'Alice Cooper' and he smiled and said 'that's more like it'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Forsaken_Saint

you would pronounce it "Ta-co Bra-hey"

anyhow, what do they sound like?? where they from?

the usual...

thetychobrahe.com

I want a 400 word description on my desk by 6pm.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by the66electric
    That's what i though but the guy in Tower lokked at me like i was a rapist when i said that. Then i said 'bray' and he spat at me. then i said 'Alice Cooper' and he smiled and said 'that's more like it'.

*lol*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

one of the girls who works there (with blond hair) used to give me filthy looks (i don't think it was anything personal) until i bought something suitably obscure. now she smiles at me (well, sometimes).

for a different sort of tycho brahe experience, you could all try
    www.tychobrahe.com

it's kind of ... bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Maybe it's just me, but The Tyco Brahe - Your House From Mine sounds uncannily like a Kate Bush tribute. Good song though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

Basically the plague monkey's under a different name.....I used to be into this kind of thing, bought the plague monkey's navagator ep when it came out..... you have to be in the mood for that type of thing, I find anyway & latley I'm not.....it's like that stina nordenstam (Spelling) shy, whispery, cute fluffy bunny music, ya just tell her to stop ****in' whispering, stop sucking your thumb and stop hiding under the f u c k i n' table

Look what you have done Cathalc - Now you have upset him.
    Happy now :D

definitely sounds like this band is not your cup of tea Anony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Could never stand Stina Nordenstan, my cat used to run out of the room during No Disco. But anything I heard off her most recent album I liked. A lot more "there", less whispering and thumb sucking.

I shall be tuned into Cathal this afternoon, am a fan of the Tychos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

Tycho Brahe interviewed on WOW! last week: http://www.loopdiloop.com/fsharp/TychoBrahe.asp

they're playing the village this week

Advertisement