Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Crystal Palace

• 05-02-2003 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭

Currently 2-0 to the eagles.... Created so much in the first half and managed to squander all of them. Heskey ran 47 yards before hitting it wide. Houllier takes off Murphy and puts Cheyrou central... what the management is thinking I have no idea :mad: Im afraid a barn door would prove to difficult to hit tonight im sure. 3 minutes to go as I write this. With this current form im sure we shall be lifting the Unibond trophy before long.

I shall leave it to the replies of useless scum etc to fill out the rest of the thread so knock yereselves out :)

P.S. Having to listen to it online is bad enough but when Jim Beglin is co-commentating all hope is lost!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

heh... I honestly don't even know what to say here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Then why say anything at all! The bandwidth could have been used to cure cancer or provide a spot hilarious monkey antics.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Class what a nite, especially seeing Henchoz score an own goal and the tears from the scouse in the kip was very emotional.

Ronan - Useless, good one coming from a scouse fan, then again the scouse are professionally useless at this stage. ;)

Raise a glass to GH for his tactical genius.

This must definately be the greatest ever collapse of form by a team.

Gwan the mighty Palace, a division one relic.

So the highlights of the nite:

Scouse lose
    Scouse out of Cup
    Scouse lose
    Scouse get hammered at home
    Scouse lose
    Scouse lose 2-0 at "anfield road"
    Scouse lose
    Scouse lose to a div 1 team
    Scouse lose
    Scouse lose to 10 men
    Scouse lose
    Scouse conceed a goal at home to 10 man div one team
    Scouse lose
    Scouse score own goal against 10 men
    Scouse lose

I had better stop as I cannot type from the laughin

OH ya I nearly forgot

Gwan the mighty palace

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ronan - I know u said we would but christ I had to do!! I dread the day we do the same, I have a hole booked for hiding in for that day! :p

It better be a deep hole as I will find you lol. Nah but in all seriousness its truely and utterly depressing at this stage im sat here in sheer disbelief! Ive supported Houllier through thick and thin but the substitution just made my blood boil. My dog wouldnt have even made that substitution and she doesnt even like football! Oh well we will soon only have bugger all to concentrate on at this rate.. oh yes the Intertoto is still on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

can we use this thread to vent our anger at those ****ing retards?

ffs.

bolloxs plain n simple.

....unbelievable...

Owen shouldn't play for the rest of the season....ffs...is he trying to emulate Andy "needs 7 chances" Cole?

Heskey...NOTHING can convey what my feelings are right now...useless selfish prick...

*GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am sure u are pissed off alright, I did not think ye could get any worse, after looking at the highlights again there, I think Phil Neville is a more prolific striker than Owen. How many did he miss? In all honest I think Owen has been watching too many Andrew Cole videos.
    And as for Heskey the greedy donkey, what sort of brain dead misses a one on one like he had.

Thankfully I am not in yer position but I would be loading the old shotgun for GH the next time I see him.

PS. - Live rrrrr whoooo Live rrrr whooooo :p

Kaimera - I know where u are coming from BUT if Owen had converted 1 of his chances, Heskey scored his one on one, Cheyrou scored his chance and Hypiaa scored that corner in the first half then they prob would not have scored and ye would have walked it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yop, seriously, stop posting multiple times in Liverpool threads, nobody cares what you have to say.

Haven't seen the match myself, pretty sure I don't want to either.

Pie seriously, stop posting multiple times in any threads, nobody listens to what you have to say.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by PiE
    Haven't seen the match myself, pretty sure I don't want to either.

you dont...highlights on BBC1 were even too much for me..ffs...

I need a other drink

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah yer laying it on a bit stong imo, yop.
    im delighted that palace are through but it is kinda sad to see agood (tho somewhat boring) team get so good then self destruct.

GH will surely go down with souness in the l'pool history books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Houillier said on Sunday after the ham game 'we are back to business' somehow I did not believe that..........

Just reading that Houillier has said 'that this could be a blessing in disguise'.....as it will cut down the number of games they have to play now.......not really a good comment to make I don't think

I planned on staying up to watch the highlights last nightbut was disgusted by the result. So I went to bed early.

Surely he should now drop Owen and bring in Baros.
    Baros has looked the 'in form' striker out of all of them.

/me is frustrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

I didn't understand that substitution either. Cheyrou was doing well where he was. I get the feeling that half the team are lacking confidence. Even Sami Hyypia was terrible. He let Gray among others stroll past him a few times unchallenged, although he did manage to slide tackle the linesman off the pitch at one stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I used to think Hypia carried Henchoz abit but I have now reversed my opinion on this. I think Hypia has been crap all season. Houllier seems to have an uncanny ability to get the worst out of players. His only striker close to being in form is Baros, and he is left on the bench 90% of the time. It was a bit silly for Houllier to say his players were tired after the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Dreadful result, Liverpool should have won but when it came to the crunch they couldn't stick it in the back of the net. Same problem they have had all season really and it seems that yop is reading from the same script as he has all season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

at least we were spared watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

liverpool fans are the worst fans for giving abuse and bantering fans of other teams when liverpool are up there with the best...

Lest just hope that Liverpool fans can now take the slaggin from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

well all i can say is whipeee go palace! liverpool bla!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Michael Owen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

utd fan here.....so obviously I think it's a great result but seriously how long can the 'pool stand by GH??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Arsenal are the latest Premiership club to be linked with a move for Brazilian World Cup star Ronaldinho.

£11m is the price being knocked around. Waste of money if ya ask me, when Super Star Strikers like Heskey and Diouf can be bought for roughly the same amount. Pfffft. Who'd waste their money on Ronaldinho? He has too much of a name anyway, everyone knows that BIG players always let their new clubs down, and new unproven players always rise to the challenge of premiership football.

Slightly off topic....

But during October (Liverpool were about 4 points clear at the time with a game in hand) I made a bet with a mate (€100) that Liverpool would win the league. He made a counter bet that Arsenal would win the league. Record breaking run of matches without a win later, and I find myself rooting for Man U, in order to save me some money. What did I do to deserve this? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Washout
    liverpool fans are the worst fans for giving abuse and bantering fans of other teams when liverpool are up there with the best...

Lest just hope that Liverpool fans can now take the slaggin from us.

I don't mind people slaggin' if they've got an ounce of humour or wit about them.

I can't see Houllier dragging the team out of this rut, he's gotta go methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Originally posted by PiE
    I don't mind people slaggin' if they've got an ounce of humour or wit about them.

I can't see Houllier dragging the team out of this rut, he's gotta go methinks.

I hope he stays. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

Since winning the treble in 2001, Houllier has not brought Liverpool forward. In fact, Liverpool have gone backwards since that year because they have not replaced McAllister, Zeige, Litmanen and Fowler. McAllister was a very important player that year as he was able to give the killer pass that Steven Gerard tries so hard but ultimately fails to do. Litmanen is the nearest thing to Dennis Bergkamp and Fowler was a clinical finisher. Gerard Houllier is still living off that year but the simple fact is that they were a better team back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sorry for being so late but last night I could'nt raise boards.ie from the dead.

What can I say to justify this farrago
    retrospectivly?

I know- "We dont need the distraction of another cup run, we're in one final and well on the way
    to another, while its the league that really counts. After all did'nt Moneychester Utd not bother to enter one year...?"

Sigh :(

Still it is
    the league thats matters...honest!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I'll just say this: I'm a lapsed crystal palace supporter - it was my local team for a while. But over the last couple of years, its been awfully hard to support em, bless their cotton socks. But after a game like last night's, I might go and buy meself a new palace shirt and get back into it :D

Originally posted by Regi
    I'll just say this: I'm a lapsed crystal palace supporter - it was my local team for a while. But over the last couple of years, its been awfully hard to support em, bless their cotton socks. But after a game like last night's, I might go and buy meself a new palace shirt and get back into it :D

Fairweather Fans pffft! quick lets get him!

Advertisement