Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N-Gage Details

Options
  • 05-02-2003 11:15pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I couldn’t see any think about today’s N-Gage news on a few games sites I looked at so I might as well tell you lot about it...

Nokia N-Gage Details
    http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?id=434

Activision, Eidos & THQ To Support Nokia’s N-Gage
    http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?id=433

Games, MP3, radio and phone I can't wait for the price :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

price on this bad boy will be crucial. if they are going to be expensive and hence have to be subsidised by the mobile operators i cant see much of a dent in the gba market share being made.

€150 plus supply your own sim card would be a nice starting point. then have the games make up the difference. If there is any other bar microsoft company that could afford doing it that way it's nokia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i don't think its even going to come into the portable games market if you know what i mean,

its a phone thingy, having the added bonus of games is good , but you either buy one or the other for it's functions, you ain't goona choose this over an sp? - would you

if i'm to buy a phone its surely wouldn't be an n-gage, it looks very gimmicky , it has backing and its obviously aimed at the teen market,

its going to be interesting anyway , price wars are good for the punter

p.s. i got that cable stu cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I didn't get a change to read anything on this... does it use java games and apps the ways phones do currently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

:confused:

So much effort just to play another game. I'll stick with my SP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Read about this on the TeleText today (Channel4 p175). Sounds interesting but the battery life will be crap, 4 hours is nothing, that is if this is a phone. Im not really too sure what it is but i want more then 4 hours battery life.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Usage times:
    - Games up to 3 - 6 h (depending on game type)
    - Talk up to 2 - 4 h
    - Standby up to 150- 200 h
    - Music up to 8 h
    - Radio up to 20 h

Advertisement