Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help choosing an accounting package

Options
  • 05-02-2003 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

got this request from a mate. All I know is what's quoted below:
    I need to find an accounting package that will import transactions periodically (say once a month) from flat files, output from another system.
    The transactiosn are in the form of nominal ledger entries, although the data could be exported before that (from Day Books etc). It seems that neither TAS Books nor Sage will do this. If you know of any packages that
    do this, or just any other accounting packages generally, could you let me know?

A list of accounting packages would be good (I haven't worked with accountants in two years now so I've forgotten what's available) - ideally someone can answer the core question.

Ta muchy

Seamus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

Used to work for a company called Premier which did software that could easily manage this.

The accountancy package was called Datasoft.

It's a bit more expensive then Sage or whatever though.

Now a days they're called Integrity Software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Exchequer Software in Dublin are another, though like the previous company they are not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

sage Line 50 should either

Import into PRESET nominal accounts or

Maybe you can link the nominal accounts to a flat file.

The alternative to sage for years was Pegasus

Pegasus was built on Foxpro .DBF files and could easily be poked around with a simple sql over a foxpro ODBC driver once you defined your datasource name, again into preset nominal account code tables. Access will also do an update for ya on the .dbf files but Foxpro has some very powerful import filters too if the SQL route wont do it.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

we use sage here without any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Quickbooks.

have no probs with it back home, works pretty well. has all the usual bits and bobs that go with the excitment of accounting

click here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks for the suggestions - forwarded on.

Advertisement