Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private!!!!!

• 06-02-2003 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

What excactly is there involved in having a private board?

Is there many of them?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The first thing that's involved is to READ THE BLOODY FAQ IN THE BOARD CALLED NEWBIE FAQ WHICH IS UNDER THE ADMIN FORUM YOU STUPID DUMBASS NEWBIE!

Eh, Admins? Need a hand with that charter at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Wow it look's like amp forgot to take his medicine for anger managment today :)

Anyway's go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=98 and search around.

Originally posted by Dazzer
    Delete this, was'nt quick enough when I hit the stop button :)

You can delete it yourself. Maybe ironbrew isn't the only one that should visit the FAQ?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

/me points and laughs at Dazzer

Originally posted by amp
    You can delete it yourself. Maybe ironbrew isn't the only one that should visit the FAQ?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

/me points and laughs at Dazzer

What are you talking about? :p

/Dazzer whistles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

When I was a N00b I hated being acalled a damn N00b. You were all n00bs at one stage. You didnt pop out of your mammy's belly and onto a PC. So jesus give the Damn N00bs a break.

Iron asked a perfectly valid question in the right forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Agreed. Maybe he should have looked around for the right info but you were a bit harsh amp.

Originally posted by Grimes
    When I was a N00b I hated being acalled a damn N00b. You were all n00bs at one stage. You didnt pop out of your mammy's belly and onto a PC. So jesus give the Damn N00bs a break.

Iron asked a perfectly valid question in the right forum.

If Iron read the FAQ he wouldn't have asked the question. And Newbie FAQ is the place for asking newbie questions. We're not sure what Admin is for yet.

BTW I have no problems with most noobs, just the lazy ones.

AND I'M SICK TO DEATH OF SEEING THE SAME BLOODY QUESTIONS ASKED OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHEN THEY'RE IN THE BLOODY FAQ! OK!?

P.s. Daz, I knew you'd do that ;)

P.P.s Grimes, you're still a newb, and so am I, but a lot less newbier than you, you newb.

You knew I'd do what? eh take your pills amp QUICK ;)

The red one or the blue one?

Both. Gawd I know we will be shot for spamming :/

• Advertisement

True...

/me gently fingers own bullet scars

/me has USENET flashbacks

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Originally posted by amp

P.P.s Grimes, you're still a newb, and so am I, but a lot less newbier than you, you newb.

I never read the FAQ, actually I find all that " read before you post" a waste of my time I never read one, sue me. Okay Im a N00b. Im not gonna CRY over that one. Below the belt though evil mod.

Amp so your meant to be Humanites Mod???? Huh? Thats like putting Micky Jackson as Mod of the parenting Board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

ok...me bad:(

Although i did read the newbie FAQ because something like this happened before,where iwas asked to go read it and i did!!

but jesus am i expected to memorise every little thing???

p.s im a crazy poster...lol

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I never read the FAQ, actually I find all that " read before you post" a waste of my time I never read one, sue me.

So instead you waste ours? you know theres a search engine that can search JUST the FAQ.... ie you can search for the phrase you are looking for an explaination of throughout just the FAQ board. It couldnt be easier.

Well I spose it could be by coming here and asking someone to do the search for you :)

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    So instead you waste ours? you know theres a search engine that can search JUST the FAQ.... ie you can search for the phrase you are looking for an explaination of throughout just the FAQ board. It couldnt be easier.

Well I spose it could be by coming here and asking someone to do the search for you :)

DeV.

Eh im sorry, did I start this thread...... <grimes looks around> no one else here but the damn name says IRONBREW!! I know how to work this damn thing. :) Sorry im just hungover and grumpy.... GWAN ZANZIBAR

I never read the FAQ, actually I find all that " read before you post" a waste of my time I never read one, sue me. Okay Im a N00b. Im not gonna CRY over that one. Below the belt though evil mod.

He's talking about the above :rolleyes:

oh yeh i forgot to mention, i read all of the newbie FAQ and read all the links included in it and now have finally realised i truely am a muppet!

Amp so your meant to be Humanites Mod???? Huh? Thats like putting Micky Jackson as Mod of the parenting Board.

/me dangles Grimes out of a Humanities window

Should I drop him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by amp
    /me dangles Grimes out of a Humanities window

Should I drop him?
    He compared you to Michael Jackson. Give him some concrete shoes, and then drop him.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

You were all n00bs at one stage.

How true, you guys should lighten up a tad.
    Or...
    Here's a suggestion that might keep DeV, Amp et al happy:
    How about you get some of the code monkeys to implement something that only allows users who registered before Jan 1, 2000 to actually post.
    That should sort out all those pesky noobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

Originally posted by Samson
    How true, you guys should lighten up a tad.
    Or...
    Here's a suggestion that might keep DeV, Amp et al happy:
    How about you get some of the code monkeys to implement something that only allows users who registered before Jan 1, 2000 to actually post.
    That should sort out all those pesky noobs.

you're taking the piss right?

i know im a ****ing n00b, i have no problem with it, in fact im enjoing it in a sick twisted way, but what you're suggesting is ridiculess, if someone who regestered after 2000 is to stop being a n00b they need to get their name known in the community and add something to the community, now how the **** is someone supposed to grow out of the newbie stage without even being allowed to have any input whatsoever.

if it was a joke, it was too subtle
    if it wasn't, think about it a bit more

umm im not sure but if it was to make any sense at all, i tihnk he meant that if you were registered *after* 2000 you couldn't post in the *Admin* board!

Im not sure but its the only explaniation i can think off!

Actually now im fecking confused myself!

What am i on about?? please explain ur post samson

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Oh sweet suffering Jesus.
    Lads, this might help:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm
    :rolleyes:

Ok then so im the butt of ridcule then!!
    sowee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

there was no sign of any sarcasm device:rolleyes:

/me apologises:)

I was only playing with you Amp, apologies :D

Ah Grimes, if I took all the slagging I got on boards.ie seriously, well, let's just say that there'd be a fair few bodies with no heads and faceces inside the necks.

Advertisement