Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UDA feud (sort of)

Options
  • 06-02-2003 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got a quick question, sort of tangentially related to the feud between UDA C Company and the rest of the organization.

I was reading through some stuff on ireland.com today and came across a reference to Andre Shoukri in the report on the funeral of Robert Carson. He's a member of the UDA inner council, it seems - here's a quote:
    ireland.com said
    ...four remaining members of the UDA inner council, Jim Gray (East Belfast), Billy McFarlane (North Antrim and Derry), Jackie McDonald (South Belfast) and Andre Shoukri (North Belfast).

I was wondering does anyone have any background info on this guy? He is known as "the Egyptian", seemingly - and with a name like Shoukri he doesn't appear to fit into the stereotypical UDA member profile...

I have to admit I'm intrigued by the little bit I have been able to find out about him. Anyone got any information on where he comes from and how he fits into the whole UDA thing? Might be quite an interesting story.

TIA for any replies.

Comments

Advertisement