Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar gig tonight was deadly

Options
  • 06-02-2003 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just wanted to say a hearty "well done" to all the bands that played tonight in TBMC. I had a smashing time and Polar were in especially good form!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Fantastic performance from the lads.
    Anyone who thinks there's no talent in Dublin need to check these guys out.

Well done chaps.
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭midnorthfourzer

....that was one heck of a gig! big crowd, darn good sound and polar looked right at home givin it socks! -great stuff lads! ..so c'mon, when are ye gonna be playing somwhere with a bit more fresh air, bigger stage for those death-defying guitar thrashing somersaults ye have been holding back, & looking down on a few thousand mud splattered punters eh!?

musik13.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Originally posted by LA_girl
    Polar were in especially good form!

Thats because Gav and Mick finally declared undying love for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

the gig was amazing, i already texted mick tonight to tell him how great it was.
    naked flame were great (im sure i wasnt the only one who detected a major RATM influence) and it was quite refreshing.

alistair were crap. same old same old. IMO.

me in the park were another refreshing band, it's not the kind of thing i'd probably listen to, but it wass very entertaining to watch

and polar just had something about them last night, ive never been as impressed as i was last night. and the new song is great. any chance of an album lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

yeah when i saw alistair i thought the exact same.

Shame i was working cos i'd have loved to have gone.

sadly im also missing a hardcore night in the temple too...ho-hum

at least i've got voodoo tomorrow!that'll more than make up 4 it with nu-fingermouse and popstar

i shall smile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

thanks loads all, twas a good night, we werent overly happy with it ourselves, but then again we had good craic

big thanks to everyone who came along cos it was a really good turn out
    any chance of an album lads?

we're recording very very slowly at the mo with no real aim but to get songs done, maybe an ep soon enough, not sure though

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

har! how drunk was i? goodness. what an eve. that band "naked flame" were crazy. they sounded like rage against the machine one minute, then placebo, then the datsuns. they were like a multi-band cover band. were such a thing to exist. anyway, i managed to drag myself to work the next day and regretted every sip of booze i had consumed. i was sick as a very sick dawg. sigh.

Advertisement