Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLD ARCADES

Options
  • 01-04-2001 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

it looks like all the places in dublin that used to be arcades are gone...
    That place near Tara St. station, the big AMUSEMENTS sign, well thats just loads of gambling machines now (it used to have double dragon a few weeks ago).
    And the place off grafton street, with the big indian at the front, well thats just loads of gambling machines now...
    and you know the place across from AMUSEMENTS, on the other side of the liffey...
    well, thats just gambling machines now..
    BUT
    i went in there the other day and i was talking to the guy who runs it, and he is selling all the old arcade machines fir £50 each!!
    there are some good ones, Blood Brothers, Vendetta, Hard Drivin'...
    even the ones that have motorbikes on them are 50 quid...

Well, I got Samuri Showdown 2, so go get yours today.. i mean 50 quid is a bargain.

If you dont know the place i'm talking about, you get off at Tara St. and cross over the bridge, then take a left and walk alongside the liffey...
    its a small place but you'll find it if you look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

oh yeah.. i was meant to ask does anyone know any more old arcades in dublin that actually still have old games for 20p??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

There's one on the same side as Tara St Station, turn left out of Tara St and stay on that side of the Liffey. Not sure if it's still there though. There's also another one on the Savoy side of O'Connell St near the Bridge end where they sell donouts, don't know if it's still there though, haven't been in either of them for a few years.

Otherwise, just download Mame and loads of ROMs

Advertisement