Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNK dead *sniff*

Options
  • 03-04-2001 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

SNK finally declared bankruptcy and closed completely owing 38 billion yen.

The end of a company that rivaled nintendo for their loyal following.
    They will be missed ,
    *hugs neo geo*
    Oh yes , they will be missed frown.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 [PS]SéaN

That does actually kinda suck. Pity they didnt do a sega and produce their games for every console under the sun. Anyhowz, I can see their gaming franchise being bought as no1 is stupid enuff to let that blow away. On that note, has any seen metal slug 4 over here anywhere??
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Ahh ted , you're not quite up to date.
    SNK were bought about a year ago by aruze in japan and they closed most of the offices outside of japan to try and make back profits.
    What with arcade hardware no longer costing the 50 grand it used to cost , more like 5 grand these days , there was just no way they could keep it up. The loss of the king of fighters team almost completely to capcom and all the remaining teams leaving, including fatal fury teams and the team who made metal slug meant they hadn't a leg left to stand on.

BTW , metal slug 4 doesn't actually exist , plans were made to make one but they made nitemare in the dark instead which will sadly never see a release even tho the game was completely finished.
    Metal slug 3 does exist , and much alike kof2k , has a nasty protection on the cart so only ppl with the machine are likely to play them anytime soon.

There is some hope from a company in canada who hope to keep the machine sort of alive, by making a machine that will run neo geo carts , be they AES (home) or MVS (arcade) as well as jamma and some other arcade boards.
    They're called !arcade! , but i'll be buggered if i can find much info on them at the moment , all i know is that all they make right now is converters to play MVS games on an AES neo geo and charge you a fortune for the privilege.

Advertisement