Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&W...help

Options
  • 01-04-2001 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

for those that have it... has any one managed to be able to pass the 4th level yet its driving me demented

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Nah, im still trying to get my creature back frown.gif. Im turning into an evil god now, my hand is starting to get all veiny and red.

Mwahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

i need this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Just five more days.

gnnnnnnngh!

Im now trying to do the silver scroll where you have to follow the yogi, man what a bast@rd "I told you not to follow me, Im going home now"
    I tell ya, when my area of influence reaches him he'll be sucking fireballs left right and center

Also whats with the guy you cant kill? Ive burned him, dropped stones on him, threw him off cliffs and still he wont die. Grrrrrr

"The worshippers want food" Time for some sacrifices i think biggrin.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Superb game but am I the only one who finds the control system absolutley rubbish.
    How could they make a game this good yet make the controls so bad. Its amazing to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah controls are a bit fiddly an hard to get used to but Ive found my way round them now, usually just scroll out and double click where want to go, or set bookmarks.

I'm really happy with my creature now, he's turned out just how I wanted, spends all his time going round helping the villagers. If I ever have any unhappiness in a billage now I just send in my ape and get on with doing the other stuff myself smile.gif One thing I would have liked him to do is bring food to my base temple for the worshippers, or use the food spell at it, it's a pain in the ass having to go back and throw them more food all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

thing with the guy you cant kill is you can effect areas outside you influance if hes nearby...ie chuck him into the nearest enemy village and you can burn it to the ground if you please. get your creature to eat him for an amusing result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm just starting that level. I miss my monkey! bah. frown.gif It's bloody hard to take over villages without sending him around to impress the heathen villages with his dancing and water/food/wood spells.

And yeah, the control system is utterly utterly terrible. It hasn't grown on me, I haven't gotten used to it, it's just bloody annoying. Using the keyboard shortcuts and double left-clicking gets me around pretty well though. Having to go back to the Temple to save your games is very annoying also.

The amount of mico-management necessary is also very irritating. Why don't the villagers take food to the worshippers themselves? Why don't they take turns worshipping instead of staying there until they drop dead or until I manually swap them out? Why do you have to do the 'spiral' before you can cast a spell when you know the shape you need for the spell? Why can't you pick up more than one villager at the same time? Is there any point to the forest spell, it produces sod-all wood and is a constant drain on prayer power? Also, it really is no good trying to be purely 'good' in the game. I haven't found a reasonable way to take over heathen villages without doing the following:

1. Burn/lightning/stone the ****e out of them
    2. Send in creature
    3. With creatures help give them food, wood, put out fires with water, throw in a few missionaries, plant a forest or two, give them a couple of houses etc.

Is there a way to do this without massacring them first? It give you loads of belief points but it's really nasty and wasteful. smile.gif

Teeth.

Im still on the level. Thanks for the tip monty. The worshippers are a balls to use, if i ever see a villager crawling away its sacrafice time for them. Controls are a bit fiddly, im sure the neighbours think im w@nking when im trying to cast a fireball. The camera im not that impressed with movement wise i mean. Plus the challenge when lethys sets my villagers on fire : I just fired them all into the sea to put them out but my challenges screen says its 0% complete.

Also, after hyping the creature interactivity wtf are they doing taking your creature away after only 2 levels.

An excellent but flawed game IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've managed to get to the third mission where my creature is trapped, and I did it without damaging a single villager. I haven't had to destroy any of their houses or anything either, just win them over by meeting all their high desires and leaving my creature there for ages to impress them with his heal/rain/wood/food spells and generally helping out. Robbing their store and feeding it to your worshippers so you can cast food spells works well, they don't seem to notice all their grain disappearing and they'll be very impressed when me and my creature step in to save the day with lots of food spells wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Im still stuck on the next level...Its absolute hell. The third level is a sinch compared to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I am very disappointed with the game. I mean I threw one of the kids out on the water and he didn't even skim the sea, like rocks do. Where is the realism in that?

God Simulator? I had one villiger expecting me to go get a rock for him so he can carve it into a head!! I'm the god here pal, he should be doing my bidding. So I got him the rock and dropped it on house for his heretic ways.

Three guys building the boat was funny too, but no one leaves my flock alive, so after dropping rocks, trees, etc on them I got bored and got the tiger to eat them. Actually my tiger seems to have a liking for humans. smile.gif

... ok it's a very impressive game. This and T2 I would say are game of the year.

Oh yea there is a part where 5 guys are drowning. I used the "Check names" option to see if I reconised any as unbelivers and let them drown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i wasnt very impressed either with those three guys leaving the island. but since im supposed to be a nice guy, i let them have the wood (and the extra man my tiger ate, i think hes gettin to like human flesh) and the food. but then they crashed out of b&w cause of that stupid song they keep singing.

not to make the same mistake again, i thrashed their boat and let the tiger eat the sailors and a few horses around the area.

and btw, im not *evil* biggrin.gif

adnans

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

What's T2, out of interest?

Tribes 2.

Level two, I left my tiger off it's leash as he was getting on my nerves. I checked in occasionally. The guy is an evil sob.

He picked up some fisher guy and threw him out to sea (*sniffle* just like his dad).

I came back again and he walked up to a tree and took a dump! Then he picked up the crap and threw it at the villagers!

Lastly I came back to him and there was a crowd of villagers sitting around him in a circle applauding as he was dancing.

Some of the stuff that goes on in the game just cracks me up laughing. But converting the heathens seems easy. Just throw a few boulders into thier town or pick up a villager from one town and try to bowl them into the enemy, that helps get believers.

Advertisement