Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance needed

Options
  • 06-02-2003 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi guys,

I have currently a German drivers license, but a full EU one.
    I have almost every license, including truck, coach, etc.

But the problem, no insurance will insure me, because they want a letter from my old insurance from Germany, that I have at least 5 years claim free. I have almost 10 years, but my German insurance is not existing anymore.

Does anyone has an idea, what I can do > Or can someone insure my car (Toyota Cynos Import '92) on his own name, as a second car or so ?!?!?

Help !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Try quinn direct and prepare for a shock. Some companies require that you:
    - have 5years no claim bonus
    -You have been here at least 3 years
    and other rubbish

I think will be easier to bring insured car from Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gomjaba

Thanks, but this car is a right steering car, no chance to get it insured in Germany. And I don't buy just for tis reason a car in Germany, that sucks !"!!!

You will find it even harder to insure Jap import. It sucks big time.
    Also try insurance broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

You should be able to get a certificate of no-claims from your old insurer in Germany, and that should be acceptable proof of your insurance history. Just make sure you get it in English - Irish companies are very narrow-minded that way.

Yeah, but my problem is, that my f...g insurance is not existing anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I'm not sure that should matter - the company you were insured with before should still have your details on record. It's certainly worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Just because you no longer have a policy with them does not mean you can not get you proof of no claims bonus. Ring up your old insurance company and ask them to send it to you Q.E.D.

kayos

I get impression that company is closed ? Is this the case?

Maybe Gomjaba should clarify this. This will save some confusion for some people.

OK, your right.

I insured a car with a cheap company.

Was fine until the manager went to Thaiti or so and not just for holiday.

This cases is already with our local court and almost 1000 people and takes at least another 5 years or so .

There is no chance to get any paper from this company ........

NO chance, in NO way ...... unfortunately ......

Maybe you should try to explain this to some insurance company and possibly
    provide them with some proof that company went boost or currently awaiting court proceedings? Maybe show the insurance receipt or anything that can say that you had this insurance.
    I am sure that you have received some certificate or some other form of correspondence from your company.
    I would suggest that you will write the letter or call to some office and just try it.
    They may allow you something like 3 years of NCB . You never know.

On the other note , insurance companies are real pain in the @rse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement