Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Summer job in Ireland or England

• 06-02-2003 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi im wondering does any one know of any people hiring for the summer im available to start around the middle of april.
    Im a 2nd year in college doing COMPUTER NETWORKING and OPTICAL COMMUNICATIONS by May i will have a cert Merit standard and will be going on in September to do a degree in COMPUTER SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT.
    I have studied C,VB,VB-SCRIPT,HTML,ASP,SQL,SQL-SERVER,ACCES,PHYSICS,OPTICS,COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS and SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION .

I would greatly apreciate any help especialy job over's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

there are a few things to remember when trying to sell yourself for a job.

you need to give information like hwere you are, where you are prepared to travel to, and general things like that.
    for instance, i could have a job, but im in england, so it probably wouldnt be much good to you.
    oh, and make sure oyure spelling is accurate.
    nothing will lose you a job faster than poor spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Well White Wash Man this is only a message board so its appropriate to be brief. Im willing to travel if need's must but would idealy like a job in either Dublin or London. If u know of any thing i would greatly appreciate it .
    Yours hopefuly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Originally posted by woodyg
    Hi im wondering does any one know of any people hiring for the summer im available to start around the middle of april.
    Im a 2nd year in college doing COMPUTER NETWORKING and OPTICAL COMMUNICATIONS by May i will have a cert Merit standard and will be going on in September to do a degree in COMPUTER SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT.
    I have studied C,VB,VB-SCRIPT,HTML,ASP,SQL,SQL-SERVER,ACCES,PHYSICS,OPTICS,COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS and SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION .

I would greatly apreciate any help especialy job over's.

unless you know someone, it would be hard to get a job in dublin (dunno bout london), studing those things dont really mean anything as industry is alot different than college. E.g. College you mess up a project got put it down to experience and get a C for effort, in real life you get a P45

Try working as tech support (groan I know) .. it may help ya get contacts for the future, also give ya some experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by woodyg
    Well White Wash Man this is only a message board so its appropriate to be brief. Im willing to travel if need's must but would idealy like a job in either Dublin or London. If u know of any thing i would greatly appreciate it .
    Yours hopefuly.

well woodyg, no offence, but you still need to put in where you want a job. otherwise its like sending someone your cv without contact details. pointless.

besides, why do you think you have to be brief?
    what have you got to lose by giving more details?
    in fact, i would have thought that the more details you give, the better off you would be?

i do have a job, but to be honest, i dont htink you are qualified, and it certainly wouldnt be a 4-5 month student job. sorry.

Advertisement