Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN's

Options
  • 31-03-2001 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Why are all lans CS only? I mean they say you can play any game but all anyone ever plays is CS/UT/Q, and tbh i would much prefer play a strategy game like TA/PI/IG2. They are much more fun on lans as the latency is 5 and the pc's are fast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I've actully heard of a planetarion lan mod out now, that clicks every 30 seconds.......just dont go to the jacks smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I was at netshop during febuary and they were all playing star trek armada and later on i organised a red alert 2 lan which was actually as much fun as cs cause it makes u feel smarter (dont know why) and its cool acting like saddum huesann with the nukes smile.gif

BK the KK
    Fraggen with a smile:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Strategy games are long, and can get boring so people don't finish them. People just usually dose off in the middle of the night while drunk playing them.

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Yeah, rts games fun as they may be just take too long per game for ppl to play them on lan.
    Its not like u can just hop in for 10 mins like in a fps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

me and dabounca went to a lan in nethouse (?) and no one turned up, so there was onyl 4 of us, but we stayed anyway, we got to play qw, q3, ra2, star caft

(there were loads of orientals there who were playing age of empires and dibalo2, but they wanted to keep tpo themselves, (i dont think they spoke english very well, but in the end we convinced them to play star craft with us :)

r0xoring :P

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    honey i pimped the kids
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll
    be warm for a day. Set a man on
    fire, and he'll be warm for the
    rest of his life."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadBankClerk:
    me and dabounca went to a lan in nethouse (?) and no one turned up, so there was onyl 4 of us, but we stayed anyway, we got to play qw, q3, ra2, star caft

(there were loads of orientals there who were playing age of empires and dibalo2, but they wanted to keep tpo themselves, (i dont think they spoke english very well, but in the end we convinced them to play star craft with us smile.gif

r0xoring :P

</font>

you can get them to play tf and cs
    tf they had no clue how to play, but we showed them
    a few of them are good at cs and they are really good at deltaFLW smile.gif they hvae super games of them
    like about 10 of them all playying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">, ra2, star caft</font>

i so 0wned u all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I think netshop are sick of Armada at this stage, Thats all I wanted to play smile.gif
    Anyways with Tribes2 out now I wouldnt expect to see any1 playing anything but that for a while.. uhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Heh, should have got me to play QW or Q3 if I was there, I'd have shown you some proper sk1llz

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

see ya can play rts games over the net handy enuff, cs or neother fps is great on a lan because of the low ping , having said that I remember playing a 4 player game of ra2 with monty and a few others during a cs lan , not much of a game when monty was playing wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Da'Bounca:
    i so 0wned u all</font>

you nuked me when i was still building a baracks. "REALEASE ALL ZIG!! - SOMEONE SET UP US THE BOMB!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Quake II

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Actually, we are hoping to have a Tribes 2 Lan this weekend or the weekend after :P Anyone up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Me gamb

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'll probberly be up for it jag ..
    I've never ply Tribes 1 or 2 tongue.gif
    newbies welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hey Gambler

I be comin up this Sat with 2 friends soo i'll join in on the Tribes 2 lan see wha the game is like

(if i like it i'll buy it biggrin.gif)

to a happy fraggin easter

Advertisement