Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing paganism to paganism/atheism

• 06-02-2003 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

the paganism board is a good idea and is working well, it has a regular flow and is well modded.
    but i feel that some people (like me:) ) are being left out, i know i could probably post an atheist thread or post without anyone minding but i would prefer if it was official, any chance?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just ask the moderator if he feels it is acceptable to post an atheist post to his board. As it is a community board, it would be unfair to impose a solution where there is no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Eh, there isn't exactly much in the way of a connection between the two subjects, is there?
    i know i could probably post an atheist thread or post without anyone minding
    It would be off-topic. It had better be very interesting if you expect both the mods to turn a blind eye to how OT it is.

If you think there would be enough interest why not set up an Atheist board?

Would the post fit within the brief of the Humanities board (which has had posts on religious subjects before, including Paganism b4 the Paganism board was in place)?

<someOfMyBestFriendsAre.../>

The board is meant to serve a particular group of religions and people with an interest in them (whether the practice or not). While it's policy to have a very loose definition of "Paganism" stretching it to include Atheism would be a stretch too far (though there would be some paths that wouldn't have a belief in a deity or deities and so would be in the point of overlap). Stretching into Atheism we would have to then extend to include agnosticism, and probably end up as a general religion board. I'd have an interest in such a board, but that's not what the Paganism board is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I disagree with the proposed change and wish to unsubscribe from your newsletter... or something...

but seriously- Paganism is an entity unto its own and is not one and the same thing as Atheism ...

(far FAR from it, in fact, with Pagans believing in a number of gods and Atheists believing in,... um ... let me see... none)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Can I be mo-(BANG! - DeVore)

Stupid idea though, seeing as pagans believe in Gods, and err, athiests don't. What about a general religion/spirituality board?

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    What about a general religion/spirituality board?
    That would be good. I would like to see such a general religion board in the Society section, and I think there would be a place for it.
    I'd also like to see other faiths represented in the Community section as well as Paganism, though that would of course be something for members of those faiths to set up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Talliesin

I'd also like to see other faiths represented in the Community section as well as Paganism, though that would of course be something for members of those faiths to set up.

Amish ?

"We do not want your board English"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

k i see where you're all coming from, but i kinda consider athiesm a religion in its own right, but i doubt there would be enough interest in the subject to warrent its own board.

but i'd still like to see something done to accomodate people of little faith, so i'll try and find out how much definite interest there is first.

Originally posted by Carbine
    but i kinda consider athiesm a religion in its own right
    It is. Or rather it is a religious position (there being a lot of difference between Atheist Humanism, Dialectical Maxism and strict (non-animist) Buddhism to name but three belief-systems that are Atheist). That is in itself a reason to not combine it with the Paganism board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A thought just occured...

what do athiests have to talk about? It's not like there's oodles of questions about God or the afterlife to debate, seeing as they don't believe in any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    what do athiests have to talk about? It's not like there's oodles of questions about God or the afterlife to debate, seeing as they don't believe in any of it.
    There are more than enough of the credulous and cowardly to keep us proletizing

Though on that count I don't know what I'd do without the religious to moan about. Now thats an irritating thought.

I don't think an Atheist board is called for, if you're an atheist humanities will do because thats all that matters.

A general religion board would be interesting though.

If only for me to troll the **** out of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement