Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse from mods

Options
  • 06-02-2003 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    I wonder what the legal position is on this.

There is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Id like to refer you to my " Our New Gods" Thread. The abuse can get pretty heavy but I dont cry about it. Or loose sleep. But I cant really talk I have been Pm'd by a few Mods telling me to quit my various controvercial sh*te. Anyway No legal standpoint, yer not paying for this. THere is no contract anyone can do what they want here just that the Mod's have they buttons to ban/delete ect ect. Like the Nazis :P GL with the movement ( not the Nazis the "getting mods to relax thing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

have 2 live with it nothing u can do about it! keep clear and quite and tats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't see how mods abusing posters
    Generally not acceptable, however we do actually live in the real world and mods are just as human as other people. that said, some people draw the abuse on themselves.
    I don't see how mods abusing posters with cursing and swearing is ok or acceptable.
    There is a censor, but ways around it are permitted, once you are inventive (and moderate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

The posts I've seen from some mods are neither.

why dont you give us some examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Since when is cursing against the law? And since when did newbies not curse?

I think Ricardo is just fighting the power for the sake of it.

I can see a movie now with Antonio Banderas playing Ricardo as a man alone fighting a battle against the evil Boards moderators with a beeper.

Ricardo: joo are not fair to the new peeple
    Evil Moderator: Prepare the evil cursing!

Ricardo produces the beeper unit

Evil Moderator: Fuc* **** ****** ****!

Ricardo: HAHAHA! COME MY PEOPLE!

The huddled oppressed newbie masses follow Ricardo into the new homeland. A bedraggled CS player approaches Ricardo

CS Player: J0o SAv3r0d us d0oD!! B3 AR nu KINGe!!

Ricardo: No my friend, I must go to the somethingawful forums and battle the might Lowtax.

The camera closes in on CS Player as a tear rolls gently down his face as our hero Ricardo strides off into the sunset on a horse in the general direction of some windmills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

:rolleyes:

BTW Amp you have WAY too much time on your hands ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I was about to post a slightly shorter version of amps post :) It seems theres a lot of 'Fight teh powah' style posts going on today. Ive also already seen two questions about 'legal implications' today. Each one of those I see actually gives me a warm, satisfied feeling, while I wait for somebody who could be bothered to pull out the speech/gathering card relating to privately owned web boards :)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I wonder what the legal position is on this.

Call Clarence Darrow quickly!! Someone has been insulted on the internet!! A crack team of lawyers is surely what is needed here!!

I have it on good authority that if you are slagged beyone the level of being called 'a total moron who barely has enough brain cells to work out how to breathe', then you could sue them for at least 75c!! Get to it!!

!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Call Clarence Darrow quickly!! Someone has been insulted on the internet!! A crack team of lawyers is surely what is needed here!!

I have it on good authority that if you are slagged beyone the level of being called 'a total moron who barely has enough brain cells to work out how to breathe', then you could sue them for at least 75c!! Get to it!!

!

yeah right.
    i dont believe you

moron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    yeah right.
    i dont believe you

moron!

I'm on the next plane over Kenny, you're a dead man!! I DEMAND SATISFACTION!!!!!

With the moderators (and ex-mods) in confused dissarray the newbs rejoiced!

NEWBS: ARE OPREZORS OUR CONFUZED! WE MUST TAKE OVAR TEH BORADS AND SET UP AN COMUNIST ANaRcHY STRUCTIRE WHER TEH FREEE SPAECH IS TEH FREE1 AND We KAN DU WAT WE W4NT!

Ricardo, leader of the newbs, arrives back from Somethingawful forums.

RICARDO: FELLOW NEWBS! I have returned from the battlefield, has anyone got a visa card? It's 15 quid or something to get into SA forums.

NEWBS: UMMM NO! We're only kidz like.

RICARDO: No matter, our victory on boards is not complete.

Suddenly the admins arrive on the scene

LUCUTUS: CRUSH THE REBEL SCUM!
    DEVORE: Now, now, I'm sure there's a way to solve this in a diplomatic fashion.
    REGI: NOOO!! DEVORES GAY HAIR HAS INFECTED HIS BRAIN!
    ECKSOR: CRUSH THE REBEL.. Damnit Lucutus, I wanted to say that.
    LUCUTUS: Moron
    CLARENCE DARROW: That'll be 75c please.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

(amp test)

Original poster how about giving us some examples as WWM suggests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

(amp test)

Original poster how about giving us some examples as WWM suggests.

Gordon less with the abuse

you fuker... set my flamebait free

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Typedef
    Gordon less with the abuse

you fuker... set my flamebait free

LMAO
    Typie, please warn me next time you're gonna say something funny, I surrounded by 'normal' people ya know!!

RicardoSmith - cop on, I have been here for a year now and have had no trouble with any mod, abide by the rules or leave/try growing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

why is your ani gif taking it up the ass ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Maybe it's just trying to tie it's laces.

*Note: I don't do smilies.

no pun.

Ricardo strikes a heroic pose, the orchestra loudens, rising the emotions of the scene
    When you've all quite finished with the verbal diarrhea. Its quite pathetic.
    [/i]

Ricardo tightens his smoking jacket and adjusts his monicle

I'm not complaining about the cursing or the fact the some people complain about the "power" (so sad) of the mods. I'm talking specifically about the tirade of off topic abuse you get from some of the mods. Its obvious some of the mods get their jollies from it but not cool, its not funny, its just crap. It drags the topics way off topic. Theres always a few mods which feel they have to add their own "humour" to the thread which the mod then closes as being off topic.

amp, crushed by the fact that Ricardo has called his script writing "crap" murmours weakly:

It might be crap, but it's on topic

You wonder why theres people complaining about various mods? Just look at the crap that has been posted in reply to me thus far.

amp, rises up with a grin on his face.

This has very little to do with you Ricardo, I haven't written anything to you, I've posted to entertain myself. Why else would I reply to this thread? Your arguments, points and comments make no sense and even if they did your very much on your own, therefore this thread is pointless and, as such, maybe used imo for the purposes of inane banter.

Its the big fish little pond syndrome. As for examples just look at amps & Typedef posts. I mean whats the point of that. Its a flame/troll/spam all rolled into one. Thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Show me the flaming in my posts. Where exactly do I troll? Do you know the meaning of the word spam? You don't know what you're talking about so how do expect us to?

As for thats abusive and offensive, well theres was one in particular but i can't find it as its been moved/deleted for some reason.

A courtroom, the camera focus's on the striking features of Ricardo's face

RICARDO: Your Honour, the evidence I was going to use to argue whatever it is I'm complaining about, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm complaining about cos I'm just doing it for the sake of fighting the power, is gone.

And I can't find it. BUT!!! This is obviously a conspiracy by the moderators to CONCEAL THE TRUTH! Whatever that is cos I'm not entirely sure.

JUDGE REGI: CASE DISMISSED! FUCK OFF!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Quit complaining. Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Typedef

Maybe it's just trying to tie it's laces.

*Note: I don't do smilies.

no pun.

/me had about 3 heartattacks reading that statement, had to blink repeated before i realised i was reading it wrong.

phew.

<< Fio >>

*blink* *blink*

... I don't though

amp.. is.. really.. cool.. and I want.. to.. Be.. like him.. when.. I grow. up

Btw Riccy, what happened to all your posts? Was it a conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Mods giving abuse. Never thought I'd live to see the ............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Ricardo,

As Jim Diamond once might have said "You Should Have Known Better" With intellectuals like 'amp' and 'TypeDef' let loose, what do you expect??

Put your energies else where. In the recent words of an expert "Have a ****" and forget about it.

Intellectual? Me? Yeah sure I can see Typedef being called that, what with his big thinky words and all but me? intellectual?...

See Ricardo, this is a better line of attack: If you can't beat 'em, confuse the hell out of them.

And zip yourself up man, that's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by amp
    Since when is cursing against the law? And since when did newbies not curse?

I think Ricardo is just fighting the power for the sake of it.

I can see a movie now with Antonio Banderas playing Ricardo as a man alone fighting a battle against the evil Boards moderators with a beeper.

Ricardo: joo are not fair to the new peeple
    Evil Moderator: Prepare the evil cursing!

Ricardo produces the beeper unit

Evil Moderator: Fuc* **** ****** ****!

Ricardo: HAHAHA! COME MY PEOPLE!

The huddled oppressed newbie masses follow Ricardo into the new homeland. A bedraggled CS player approaches Ricardo

CS Player: J0o SAv3r0d us d0oD!! B3 AR nu KINGe!!

Ricardo: No my friend, I must go to the somethingawful forums and battle the might Lowtax.

The camera closes in on CS Player as a tear rolls gently down his face as our hero Ricardo strides off into the sunset on a horse in the general direction of some windmills

Nice idea but it might infringe on Mad Max 3 copywrite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Remember that outside of the board(s) an individual moderates being a mod means absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

<edit>

gah...just as i post a reply to his attempt at humour he deletes it.

genius, absolute genius....

</edit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement