Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SW:G hit with nerf bat or fear the power of the Dark Side!

Options
  • 06-02-2003 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

SW:G get a belt of the nerf bat prior to launch. It has just been stated ( well yesterday) that some of the more hyped up features in SW:G have been taken out of the game untill further notice and will not be available when the game launch's.

The list of content that will not be in the game at launch are...

Dark Jedi - no evil lightsaber antics for j00

Player cities - no RP Ewok villages j00 either

Player owned vehicles - j00 will walk dood k la ta

Player generated mission - no sending noobies out to gather falopean tubes

These were not only some of the more anticipated features of SW:G, but features that would make the game stand out and be different for all the other MMORPG's that are currently on the market today. With out these features in the game it is not the 2nd generation MMORPG it was cracked up to be but merly a bastard hybrid of EQ, UO and DAoC in a fancy new gfx engine or EQ in space with Wookies.

The Dev team has stated these missing for release features will be patched in at a later date but I wouldnt be to surprised to see SoE use them in a future expansion for the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah fs.
    Everytime someone posts here on SWG it gets less and less appealing to play :p

Much more of this i may not actually stick up a tent outside the shop :(

EDIT: any chance you could post a link plz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Sounds like a load of bull to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

linkage??

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

j00 would think people would know by now that j00 should never ever believe all the features a game promises before it is released.

j00 only have to look at pretty much any mmorpg for j00 to see my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

B-K-DzR I couldnt post the link as it leads to a forum that you wouldnt have access to but I have found a link that details the information since I first posted. Its at www.lucasarts.com. Just go to the SW:G section and you will find the info there. I would also suggest you dont buy or play the game for at least 6 months after release as all MMORPG's are riddled with bugs and missing content at release.

Dazzer maybe you should check out the facts first before calling something bull.

Celt I couldnt agree more. I really do hope SW:G lives up to its billing but untill I play the game myself I consider all the hype nothing more than lies on the developers part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

:rolleyes:

Yes sir ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah venom im an old hand at mmorpg's. They are still buggy years after they are released ;)

its those monthly updates i tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

fiver says they are released in the first paid-for expansion, RoK style :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Regi the sad thing is I sooooo know you are right. SoE really are a bunch of money grabbing gits. You only have to look at the Raid add on for EQ that is a must have to see this. Profits are one thing but the fact that SoE just need to gouge their customer base for every last penny will ensure that the features that are cut out now will be charged for at a later date.

B-K-DzR joi the club :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

The first expansion will be the Space expansion. Expected roughly a year after launch.

In the recent chat log, the devs said the above features would be added in patches in the weeks and months following release. First Player cities, then vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

when is it out btw ? i know its been delayed a good bit.

Advertisement