Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just so you know....

Options
  • 02-04-2001 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Black and White "Pirate" Problems? [Game] [RedDwarf@1:50PM EST]
    From PlanetBlackAndWhite:
    Looks like Lionhead may well get the last laugh with regards to people who are playing illegal copies of the game, as Infolder have just discovered. "We have a large list of IP's that are playing the illegal copy of the game, so we have them all logged. We will be contacting the ISP's for details on the accounts, and also the IPs that are logged as playing the illegal version will be banned from playing the full

Incase any of you are playing Warezed copies online..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

sounds like propaganda to me.

but just say u get banned form eicom net?

oceanfree
    iol
    buyandsell
    ?

duh.. :P

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    honey i pimped the kids
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll
    be warm for a day. Set a man on
    fire, and he'll be warm for the
    rest of his life."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Will Some1 please think of the children !!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well what about the cable people
    and the net cafes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

From what I have seen when the program detects it's a warez version a dialog pops up and says "Your version is a pirate version and will be deactivated. Do you plan to buy it at a later date" or something like that.

Only reason I know, is I saw a screenshot of it with the words "fuK u 1 0wn j00" in the comments section to the company.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    well what about the cable people
    and the net cafes
    </font>

What about cable people? It's just the same as a modem, just faster connection.

As for internet cafes, it's up to them to have a license for every machine that has the game playing (or in some cases Site license, ie. Tribes2).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I think he meant the static IP issue - cable warez monkeys would be fu<ked by this banning thing, while most modem users would use a dynamic IP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

sico just said it wink.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    I think he meant the static IP issue - cable warez monkeys would be fu<ked by this banning thing, while most modem users would use a dynamic IP.</font>

Cable modem users have dynamic IP addresses. Very few cable companies give you a fixed IP Address (unless you pay large sums of cash). The reason people think it's a fixed IP address is that when the IP gets released + renewed it is so quick that they tend to get thier IP Address back.

Average life cycle for IP address is 4 days. Certainly if I have some muppet hammering on my IP address I release it and wait 10 minutes and renew and they loose me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Batman

****!I Love Dat Game!!

Batman Has Left the ****ing billboard!

Advertisement