Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

arsenal vs newcastle

• 06-02-2003 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

should be a good game.if newcastle win this.they will be only 2 points behind arsenal.However i think arsenal could pip the title.It all depends on easter clash with united.I fancy arsenals run in though

NEWCASTLE ARSENAL MAN UTD
    Leeds(a) Man City(a) Bolton(a)
    Chelsea(h) Charlton(h) Leeds(h)
    Charlton(a) Blackburn(a) A Villa(a)
    Blackburn(h) Everton(h) Fulham(h)
    Everton(a) Villa(a) Liverpool(h)
    Man Utd(h) Southhampton(h) Newcastle(a)
    Fulham(a) Middlesboro(a) Blackburn(h)
    Villa(h) Man Utd(h) Arsenal(a)
    Sunderland(a) Bolton(a) Tottenham(a)
    Birmingham(h) Leeds(h) Charlton(h)
    West Brom(a) Sunderland(a) Everton(a)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well if the title goes to last day of the season arsenal have won it with Sunderland :p

It will all come down to the matches between the teams..

Great Stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

This sunday = PUB DAY !!!!!!!!!!!

Shame there wasnt a Pats match on over the weekend with England and Spain there some good games on.

I hate this summer football ,i should be losing all feeling in my legs on a friday night.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

I think Arsenal will be too strong for Newcastle. Arsenal practically have a full squad to pick from, this time last year they only had half a team when the teams met a St.James Park. Hopefully Dennis will pull off another goal of pure genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

C'mon the toon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Bloody typical! I just put a few quid on Newcastle and then I hear Sir Bobby gets Manager of the Month. Now it is guarunteed Arsenal are going to win!

• Advertisement

hehe yer waylander.
    The dreaded jinx. Maybe newcastle are gonna do a l'pool run now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All I can say is "c'mon Arsenal!" :(

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Utd 1 - 1 City

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Think we had a case of the "scouse" came at them all the first half and then sht the kacks in the 2nd half.

They well deserved a draw and may even have won it, not too sure why the 2nd goal was disallowed, was getting sick on the floor when the incident happend. Still suppose a point is better than a kick in the snatch, arse should go onto win the Newcastle match if not the league now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Newcastle 1 1 Arsenal

Toon with a game in hand still....looks bad for Liverpool.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

heh... and after all that, nothing has changed up at the top 3 :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

aye, still the same! sigh of relief from us me finks, more I look at it the luckier we were today, could have been a bad one

Was gutted when we couldnt beat city..again :(
    5 points dropped ffs

At least we still only 3 points behind but we coulda been one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Robert's sending off was fu<king ridiculous - that cheating <unt Bergkamp didn't even give him time to get out of the way before he took the bloody free-kick - Bergkamp will do anything if he thinks he'll get away with it. Little ba$tard.

Shame Arsenal couldn't make the extra man count anyway, eh Gand? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good god !! I agree with Conor :) Yes it was a bad sending off. Wouldn't blame DB10 for it myself now he was just trying to get on with the game.

From what I heard Newscastle tighted up dramitically after they went down to 10 men which didn't suit the Gooners. Ah well at least city did us a favour :)

Gandalf.

What was that lunatic Ashley Cole doing playing a ball like that across the middle of the park before the equaliser???? it was almost as bad as the pathetic lunge Lauren followed with and completly missed.

Once again we fail to put the game to bed.

taking nothing away from newcastle they are a great side with talent in abundance, Jenas, Shearer, bellamy and robert, played well.

for us, it was a good result but our desire to win the premiership has to be questioned to say the least. does all the players know that a game lasts 90 minutes and not 45 or is Robert Pires the only one????

Don't think Bergkamp can be blamed for the sending off. He tried twice to kick the ball and both times your man stuck out his foot to block it. Third time bergkamp kicked it and your man stuck out his foot again like a gobsh1te. It hit him, he then tried to boot the ball away which was also very stupid (it hit an arsenal player which stopped it going miles).

It was a couple of very stupid things to do imo. Still shouldnt have gotten sent off for it.

People blaming Bergkamp for Robert's stupidity is errr, stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

was a good game overall - here come liverpool now to catch up on all the big boys and win the league!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

Originally posted by johnnynolegs
    was a good game overall - here come liverpool now to catch up on all the big boys and win the league!!!!!!

cop on liverpool wont win dey really aint doing good enuf at the min!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Originally posted by The Reaper
    cop on liverpool wont win dey really aint doing good enuf at the min!

I think you need to lower the sarcasm filter on your computer it must be at level 10 or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

na im just sayin dat liverpool are preforming badly at the min!

Advertisement