Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo will kick ass!!

Options
  • 26-03-2001 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Why would nintendo join with sega? Sega are dead!Why would Nintendo be scared of "X-Box" when it has the Gameboy Advance and the Gamecube?The "X-Box" wont have half the software that they said it would! Anyway Nintendo are kings and are out longer than "Sony" and can beat the pants off the "X-Box" any day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Why would they join forces??? Cos' Sega just about make all the best arcade games at their port overs would earn Nintendo loadsa dosh in GameCube sales.
    Do ya see what i mean...

"I pity the fool" cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Nintendo are not, absolutely not, positively not, definitely not going to buy Sega at this time. Not not not. Negative. NOT HAPPENING.

That said, while the Gamecube will undoubtedly have amazing software for it, as every Nintendo console always does, it has an uphill struggle against Xbox and the PS2 installed base. The only console guaranteed to be a winner in the nexgen wars is GameBoy Advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

What war does the GBA have to fight against exactly , there aren't any other handhelds of any use out there and of the few there are in total, the wonderswan.....errrr ???
    They only have tiny tiny chunks of the market and most ppl have bought them for the odd games like evangelion etc.
    Gameboy and nintendo have sat at the top of the handheld mountain for far too long for anyone to come fu>king with them.

As far as the gamecube goes , too early, stop talking about how its going to kick ass.
    Something you can't play at the moment sure as hell ain't scaring either sony or microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The GBA will be up against the next-gen mobile phones. Even first-gen handsets like Motorola's Accompli 009 are getting close to being usable games machines. With nearly every teenager owning or wanting to own a mobile phone (more importantly, wanting to own one more than own a GBA) there's a massive market. In another year or two you could find yourself walking into a mobile phone store and upgrading your handset to something with a large colour screen, always-on internet access and plenty of both single-player and networked games in addition to the telephony features you currently use your handset for..

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hey Gamecube????? Good?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa (sorry)

ok:

a few points:

1. N64 a few great games but emphisize on the few here. The only people who made good games for nintendo were themselves acclaim and RARE that in total ended up with 1 game in 3 months

psx may get a load of trash but it gets more gems like 1 a month

2. The gamecube isint going to mow over the ps2 dc or xbox why?? because in case none of u read the policy said at its release i'll tell u. Nintendo make a profit on the small fan base dedicated to them through the ages (fanatics) thus they do not intend locking horns with any of the other giants BECAUSE they dont need to. Soooo

buy a gamecube enjoy the games just dont expect it to walk in and throw the others out and become king.

anyway SEGA aint joining with nintendo its just nintendo are the only smart ****ers in the buisness. It costs more to make a console then to sell it and both dc and ps2 are losing money cause people are not buying games they just use the dvd movies or the internet. SO Sega and ps2 are losing money. To stop this SEGA are licensning titles t other formats in hope of saving the whole console buisness (its gonna fall with all the dvd internet support malakry)

Nintendo are just enjoying the fruits of this **** up

bye bye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Ill probably pick up a 2nd hand gamecube if somthing good comes out on it, but I aint expecting much but the usual array of kids titles that come out on it.. All the N64 games are based around cute talking animals..lol oh and Pokemon..uhhh
    Sorry but the gamecube wont be ruling anything, They'll all be making games for Sony soon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

In case you hadn't noticed , pokemon gross mister joe nintendo a huge profit, and theres no signs of the thing stopping anytime soon.

Add to that the market they target, kids, and they won't be making games for anyone anytime soon. They consistantly make a huge profit even when it seems like their machine is selling like dirt as well as the games.

I staked my ass that the DC would fall on its ass, and i'll stake my ass that the gamecube will come out , won't have the storage space of the Xbox or ps2 , will probably not look quite as sleek and will sell out everywhere and once again sell quietly and constantly. I used to love nintendo and their customer loyalty goes a long way , something sega could have taken into their line up me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Good lord, I'm agreeing with bugs...

I'm off to lie down. Must be something wrong with me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Otto u scare me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Hey Yo Yo Yo Otto you stupid nob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Davitt

Otto Yo So Jadded(An Im Da One Who Jadded You)!

Icgo Grapso(Or Whaterver He Said)!

Dav

Slipknot Rule!

Advertisement