Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGS2 demo out - includes free game!

Options
  • 31-03-2001 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

i'd advise you all to have a look. i cant say much about the gameplay as you only get a small glimpse, but the graphics are the best ive ever seen, without a doubt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

free game is Z.O.E btw, s'alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

For the psx I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Been playing it for ages , for fun and frolicks, go to a locker and get in, it doesnt matter which locker and then ring otacon and **** yourself at the resulting conversation. BTW, some knowledge of the first game might be needed to get the joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

MGS2 demo is jaw-droppingly excellent in terms of graphics; quite disappointed that apart from some gimmicks, the gameplay is the same as the first one. Still, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Now, ZoE... Bloody hell, I love this game. It's all my anime mech fantasies rolled into one big ball of mental gaming goodness. Deserving of at least nine out of ten "W00T!"s on the W00T!-scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yesh, MGS2 is scweet...
    You know if you 'knock' on the poster of yer titty waaan you get a weird 'honk' sound smile.gif
    I love the stick-ups though, where the victim shakes his booteh and drops stuff for you. smile.gif
    It's still a bit buggy though, I've had it crash a few times... not to mention the drive spin-up:spin-down while loading - gack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

shinji, Have to agree with Z.O.E, most excrament !!!
    Really enjoyed playing , but i finished it in 6 hours ??? frown.gif

I like the part where you can throw the bots to the ground and then do a Dragonball z impression !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Most fun i've had with my clothes on scince before i found severance blad of darkness
    ( Played the game 28 hours straight !!!)

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

I got Z.O.E. demo on the Official mag (with DOA2) and it looks really good. I'm going to buy it tomorrow.

-ciaran
    This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

Got ZOE from japan , wereas i only understood the very basics of the story due to no english being in there , it still gave me a good 6 hours of joy , but trying to get all the versus bots by getting A's in all the SOS missions is a bloody nitemare.

Wait for onimusha , another short but OHHHHHHHH so sweet game , and well worthy of a game award of some sort from some one , or something! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

ZoE actually has a lot of replay value, because there are tons of different ways to go through the game depending on what decisions you make at certain points. This isn't immediately apparent unless you can follow the Japanese dialogue.

Onimusha is very impressive in some ways, and bloody annoying in others. It looks gorgeous, and the combat is very good; but the whole "fixed camera angles" thing is very annoying indeed, it was annoying in Resident Evil, and it's even more annoying in a close-combat game.

It's still superb, but really ruined by being basically a PSone title running on a PS2.

It did the rounds alright , originally an N64 game , then a psone game , then finally gets some life on the ps2.

I'll be looking forward to the sequel. Thought the story , even tho it was a bit cheesy was pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Vega

Advertisement