Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolby Digital Setup

Options
  • 06-02-2003 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Right, at the minute my setup is here. I've got everything going thru stereo phonos thru my old trust Sony ProLogic Hifi. Now I want to put everything thru a dolby digital receiver. Here are my devices and outputs ....

N64 (3 Phono/Scart)
    VCR (3 Phono/Scart)
    Dreamcast (3 Phono/Scart)
    PS2 (S-Video/SPDIF)
    XBox (S-Video/SPDIF)
    PC (S-Video/SPDIF)
    CD-System (SPDIF)

Any clues as to what is the best route to take, richer sounds have a special on a thomson system which looks rather tempting... any help welcomed.

(My current speaker set up is using 4 40w hifi speakers, 1 35w centre, and 2 15w satellites, sony and sharp)

My price range is like €0 - 300, but cheaper the better ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Altheus my advice would be go for one of the Marantz AV amps. Best you can buy for both Hifi and home cinema. I have the SR6200 and afaik it has 2 spdif (optical) inputs and 3 spdif (electrical) inputs and loads of phono inputs...

If you need anymore info send me a mail.

Advertisement