Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weights, sensationalised?

• 06-02-2003 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

This is something that has been kind of bothering me lately.

Are the weights in the WWE sensationalised or exaggerated?

If you look at a few examples:

Shawn Michaels: 227 pounds
    Surely this cannot be right? Thats nearly 16 and a half stone, which is nearly the same weight as Peter Clohessy, Malcom O'Kelly or Keith Wood!!

Rey Mysterio: 175 Pounds
    And he's what? 5"5 or 5"6? There is no way he is 12 and a half stone!

Tajiri: 205 Pounds
    And he's around 5"9. And at 14 and a half stone, that puts him heavier than Brian O'Drioscall. I doubt that.

There are a load of people whose weights i can't fathom as to be reaslistic. They just do no t seem as big as they are claiming.

Like the Big show. 500lbs???? Come on! Surely it is physically impossible for a human being to be this heavy!!

Steve Austin, 250 or 255? That again is up around the 17 or 18 stone mark. I can't see him being that big. He is only 6"2. Victor Costello is 6"6 and the same weight and he still looks much bigger thatn Austin.

Perhaps i am getting this wrong but a lot of the weights i see in the WWE, i don't believe.

Also with the amount of time they spend on the road, how do they carry out the work outs that are required to maintain the levels of size that they claim to have?

I dunno.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

yes - wwe does this all the time - not only with weights but also with heights, cage sizes -hitc is 16ft from top to bottom - not the 20-25 ft they claim or 15 cages, or 25000 at msg or 93000 atwm3 when it was closer to 80000 when there is 14000 - they do this so often that its a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

The figures are made up? and exagerated? .... I just realised something! Maybe wrestling is all made up and just not real at all? I wonder do others know this? I'll have to tell my friends!

If you like wrestling so much, why not watch real wrestling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

correct me if im wrong but is muscle not heavier than body fat?...

at the same time i know that weights are exaggerated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between what europeans consider pounds - 14 lbs = 1 stone and the americans take on it. I may be wrong though, cuz the wwe do exaggerate most stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is it just me or did Edge go from 6"2/3 to 6"5 over the last year and a bit?

• Advertisement

Ok Ok Ok best one yet:

Crash Holly: 220lbs!!!!!!

LMAO

I'd say.....150-170 MAX

Jesus christ its insulting to think that the WWE thinks we will believe this ****e. We are talkin 15 and a half stone here people!

And he is what..5"8? 5"9?

HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the 500lb Big Show said himself that he is down to about 430 or something close. i think it was Conan O Brien yet on Smackdown he is still the 500lb monster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Muscle is about 2.5 times heavier then body fat, but when I talk to body builders, such as American football players, Rugby fanatics, or Weight athletes, they are huge, 6 ft tall big arms, but very few get to the weight of 200lbs

(WARNING: here comes Hanza's daily Urban Myth)
    Wrestlers, before matches, eat raw meat such as cold pre cooked beef or chicken, high proteen or carbo hydrate foods, mixed with small amounts of Laxative and Quorn(which braeks down food) and the weigh up and poop it out.

(But this bit is a fact)
    There is at least a 1 inch extention on wrestling boxing boots, due to the rubber sole. Some times even 2 inches, like Rock and Y2J, who buy boots 2 sizes too big, get the sides cut down and put a few pairs of soles in them.

Plus:
    Rey Mysterio is only 5'2''
    Crash is 5'6''
    Austin is 207lbs as far as I believe, due to his yeats ridden stomach (can any one say BEER BELLY!!!)
    Rock also buys large boots to make people believe he has a large penis, due to the fable about men and bit feet... (No... this is true)

So there you go!!!

FIA FTW

HAnza...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Neil3030
    This is something that has been kind of bothering me lately.

Like the Big show. 500lbs???? Come on! Surely it is physically impossible for a human being to be this heavy!!

Also with the amount of time they spend on the road, how do they carry out the work outs that are required to maintain the levels of size that they claim to have?

I dunno.

big show is widely known to be around 400lbs now, but it made brock seem a hell of a lot more impressive when he f5'd him if he was 500, i dont no bout him being 7 foot tall, coz when he was in wcw he was billed as 7"2 if i remember so he could well be.

on the issue of work outs, it always built into their daily schedule that they get a couple of hours to work out in a local gym before an event or house show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Hanza
    Rock also buys large boots to make people believe he has a large penis, due to the fable about men and bit feet... (No... this is true)
    [/B]
    Straight from his biography I presume? :) In rocks case I'd believe it tho.

Regarding this thread I heard wrestlers add about 3inches to height and 30lbs to weight (and 4 inches to penis in Rocks case) when quoting. Same exagerations goes on in college basketball in the states

• Advertisement

Weyhey!!

I'm becomming a wrestler.

Always liked the idea of being 6"6 and about 200lbs!

Just another non exaggeratd sports star who is absolutley massive is Shaquel O'Neill. 7"1 r so but only, and i use the term only as a pure contrast to Big Show's "500", 300lbs. And he is built like a wall. I couldn't imagine him being 40% heavier than he is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just to put some things in perspective, in a recent interview with Kurt Angle, "he said he regrets letting himself get up into the 250-pound range and believes that may have been a factor in his recent injuries."

If he was 250lbs recently, doesn't that tell you a lot?

Advertisement