Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Advice Needed!!!!!

• 06-02-2003 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

heeeeeeeelp!!!! my monitor wont turn on! okay, everything seems okay inside the pc, the grfx card spins up and the like but the monitor just goes onto and stays on the standby mode! i cant see anything and a coupla hours ago i couldnt get passed the screen where it had te logo for the asus a7n8x!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! ive tried two other monitors and they're the same. i have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo with an AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 256 ddr ram and a Sapphire Radeon Atlantis 9700 pro...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Are you getting any beeps when you start up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

just the normal one beep. i know where to fix it tho, its in the bios under advanced chipset features. at least i think thats it cuz im pretty sure i remember changin somethin there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Do you have another graphics card lying idle around the gaff? .. if so give it a shot, at the very least it will rule out your graphics card as being the source of the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

As you've rightly identified, it's not the monitor as you've tried a few others, but rather some setting you've changed in your bios. Check your motherboard. there should be a jumper on there to reset the CMOS. That should at least let you start up your PC with the basic settings which will let you in to your BIOS to play around to your heart's content.

yea i do but it wont fit the mobo! its a reall old savage 3d >:(

• Advertisement

yea i do but it wont fit the mobo! its a reall old savage 3d >:( ok i'll try that tincool, and see what i can do thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ill go out on a limb and say that you were tryin to overclock the cpu and the mobo dosent like it ,read your mobo manual and see where the clear cmos/bios jumper is.plug ur pc out than put the jumper on the clearing pins for 20 sec than put the jumper back to normal place,and hopefully that should fix it ! .Did u try it with a different video card aswell ??

COMBATCOW

umm.....heh maybe. ah well anyway that cmos jumper thingy worked thanks tincool. you too combatcow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

or you just set your ram timings too aggressively!

Advertisement