Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 in Read Only Mode

Options
  • 06-02-2003 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Can quake 3 be run in read only mode say from a cd,

My thinking is to install q3 on my home pc, with mods and extra mpa or 2 - which should come under 700mb(osp1.01, maybe a ctf map or 2)

If i have the correct setup on my home machine(+valid key etc.) will q3 need to write anything back to files(taking that me cfg doesnt need changing)

Well any thoughts, i suspect pb would requre write access

??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

it can't be that hard to find out :P

just read-onlyalise the whole directory and try running it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

yeah baz every time you type in a command, even a timelimit command, it writes it to the q3config.cfg, but if thats readonly, like in nethouse, it'll just give you a msg everytime. It might be gammy, I dunno how many things write to the disk on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

man that will coz a lot of problems, you'll have to re-enter your cfg all the time like ive had to at a lan or two, like standing on a drunk croc going down a river.........ammm it will lag you more and you'll hear the cd drive kicking in always **** it full install

Advertisement