Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Go the Ecotec Fitted - Wow!

Options
  • 06-02-2003 8:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those of you who didn't ready my earlier post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76941

Anyway, I got it fitted and I am Very impressed with the results... It was apparantly very simple to fit, and I noticed immediate results. I drive a 96 Civic 1.5VTi. It has made the engine quite a bit smoother, and more refined, but it still maintains that raw edge that I love in Honda's... It definitely makes the engine pull through the revs much smoother, and quicker, especially in 3rd - it just whips to to 100 no probs... It makes the car feel like it has a bigger engine... Although I bought the air filter/silencer it still makes a cool swishy noise...

I would recommend anyone to get one. I got the chrome version, with the pipercoss air filter, and ti cost just under €130. However if you go for a coloured one without the silencer it is much cheaper...

Anyway, I just thought I would let you know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Where did you get it ? if you don't mind me asking ...

V10

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

After reading through the reviews on that site, it does look like it makes a noticeable difference, to performance as well as emissions. If only I had a car to try it out on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Where did you get it ? if you don't mind me asking ...
    http://www.ecotekplc.co.uk
    Did you buy it from their website ? If not where ?

V10 ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

yes, from the website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

The EcoTec is pretty good for older cars which didnt have Lambda sensors....with EFI that advantage is pretty much lost

You will notice the ecotec site makes alot of references to older cars when reviewing the product and thats why...

Adding air turbulance used to fool the carb to add more fuel and so help your power, not really with EFI.

Sometimes, people go to extraordinary lengths to actually get air OUT of their fuel-lines but adding bigger fuel rails, pre-mix fuel tanks and higher fuelrail pressure, forcing the air out of the rail.

As for those fuel regulators, oh sorry PowerboostValves, they just just the normal 1.1bar fuel pressure to 1.7 which yes, indeed can overcome flatspots but enrich the rest of your powercurve and actually affect performance, plugs, and your weekly fuel allowance...

On another note, I got a replacement K&N panel filter for my 1.6 VTi and must say, its smoother as lower revs, inbetween gears, etc...I didnt buy it for the hype of BS 'added horsepower'
    I bought it as it does offer better filtration than paper/foam and I'll get 250,000 miles out of it. (yes, yes I know they say 1million...but yeah right)

J.

Cheers Ba$tard, thats very usefull, makes a lot of sense... I posted this same topic on another Honda site and got thrashed by people saying it was ****... I was just passing on my experiance.. worth a look at least for anyone...

Advertisement