Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Explorer/Ie Xp Pro??

Options
  • 06-02-2003 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Can this be done ??

Want to repair IE /Explorer as they buggered and doing funky things.

used to be possible with other win versions.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I'm unsure but I'm assuming if you go add/remove it will give you the option to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea, if you updated it, you should be able to repair it from add\remove progs.

otherwise (im assuming you have IE6) since its XP, download the ie6 upgrage and install it, it will refresh everything for you.

In fact, running ie 5.5 insaller may work too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In add remove the option isnt there ,and you cant select it ,its kinda blurred out with that "dont fuk wid dis" look on it.

Damn thing is gone mad and not reinstalling XP way to lazy for that.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

well, either downgrade or refresh IE.

only options really, did you log on as admin when u tried reparing it from add\remove

also, you could try add\remove windows components, I dont know for sure if IE is in there, if it is you could uncheck it, reboot and check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

My IE6 decided that I could no longer view the source of pages. Stupid thing....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My IE6 decided that I could no longer view the source of pages. Stupid thing....

Common fault:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22internet+explorer%22+%22view+source%22

adam

Advertisement