Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth PC Adapter answering my T68i

• 06-02-2003 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Hi, in case this happens to anyone else :)

Had the T68i software updated recently and also restored my PC loading up the latest Widcomm Bluetooth software (My Bluetooth Places).

Thing is I was watching TV and a call came in, it rang once and then stopped and the phone had answered. I thought that was funny said hello and couldn't hear anything, so I hung up. Then it happened again.

Next day I was sitting beside the PC and it happened, call came in, rang once then the Bluetooth Dongle began flashing, and a notification popped up saying "Bluetooh device T68i is connected to the 'Headset' service on this computer". And it all became clear...

The latest Widcomm software supporting the Headset Profile, so you can use your PC as a bluetooth headset (with it's mircophone and speakers). Also, the T68i update seems to have set the H-free Sound Bluetooh option to In Handsfree by default. So mixing those together ment my PC was answering all my T68i's calls even though I was downstairs :)

You can set the T68i's H-free Sound option to In phone or Always Ask (or just have Bluetooth off), you can also disable the Headset Profile in the My BLuetooth Places, View My Bluetooth Services

Although is is very handy for taking and making calls at the PC, works with the Nokia 6310 too (but it needed a manual connection to receive).

So just incase anyone is having any phantom phone calls and you hear a voice in another room saying Hello is there anyone there!

BrianG

Advertisement