Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside

Options
  • 06-02-2003 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

for those with skills rather than patience there is a MMOFPS (massively multiplayer online first person shooter) coming out called Planetside.

3 warring factions over a few continents, personal vehicles, faction specific weaponry, capturing bases, spying, hacking.

Looks fairly nice too. Meant to be coming out Q1 2003 and its been in the making for a while so this should be a fairly accurate date...

would be nice to get a boards.ie clan or something together if there were interested people...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah looks stunning ,i have a movie of it in action[from PC mag].
    Graphics look incredible just hope all important gameplay is up to the same standard.
    Ive been following the progress of this game a good while now,looking forward to it .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

i was wondering a while ago if there would ever be a game like this but i was then told its near impossible.

Imo it will lag badly. In ireland ne way our connections wont be up to the amount of data that will need to be sent.

Still if it works it will be the first of its kinda and im very willing to give it a shot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

well a server will be hosted in england so that should be easily playable , but with masses of players on screen i could be wrong, plus it may not be even out before march when alot of people will be hopping onto DSL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's a MMPORG of Halo.
    Looked real sweet about 2/3 years ago in PCGamer Preview...

Advertisement