Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacobs Ladder

• 07-02-2003 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

p.s donno if its jacob or jakob......

I know its an old films...only saw it recently and it is brilliant,has some really disturbign scenes and u really dont know whats going on up untill end.....plays on your mind more than any film i know.... even more than "ring" etc

if u havnt seen i advice u to rent it..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Agree completely. Great movie, even though McCauly Kulkin is in it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Great movie. Wrecked me head :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pure classic headfecker of a film.

Very bizarre, and definetly had something of a lovecraft thing going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    Agree completely. Great movie, even though McCauly Kulkin is in it! :)

Great performance by him though! It's an excellent film overall ... and directed by Adrian Lyne, the man who brought us Flashdance and Indecent Proposal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by shotamoose
    directed by Adrian Lyne, the man who brought us Flashdance and Indecent Proposal!

err yea ! ummm k....yah ....flashdance... ? am i only one who hasnt heard of it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

wasn't Flashdance the one with Kevin Bacon prancing around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I saw the film years ago and thought it was very head wreacking. I dident like it at all, cause i dident get it.

But having said that i do intend to getting my hands on it now! I think i would enjoy it this time, having a half idea what is going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    I saw the film years ago and thought it was very head wreacking. I dident like it at all, cause i dident get it.

But having said that i do intend to getting my hands on it now! I think i would enjoy it this time, having a half idea what is going on!

id advice u to see it again . deffo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Kevin bacon = footloose

Flash dance was a similar type of film, with some chick who was a welder and becomes a dancer or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just saw the film for the first time last night - super movie! I certainly can understand the "classic" tag attached to this.

Couple of questions for anyone who has seen it:

1) Why, when Jacob was looking for his chiropractor, did the receptionist say that he had never worked there (the leader of the group in the chiropractor's office claimed that the chiropractor had died in a car explosion)?

2) Did the "Ladder" experiment in the war actually happen to Jacob and his comrades or was it a figment of his imagination?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Giblet
    Flash dance was a similar type of film, with some chick who was a welder and becomes a dancer or something.
    Jennifer Beals. 'Twas only the other day i was taking the piss out of it. By day a steel welder (with a sideline in taking off her bra without taking off her jumper), by night a painted gogo dancer fearful of a future "tribute" from Geri Halliwell or Jennifer Lopez. Brian de Palma started directing but dropped out after a few weeks to do Scarface instead. I'm not too sure which is actually worse - Flashdance or Footloose - but I'd rather watch Jennifer Beals dancing around in some plotless farce (even if all the dancers were stunt doubles in the famous audition and one of them was a bloke (he's doing the breakdancing by the way so don't get excited at that bit:D)) than watch Kevin Bacon drive a tractor to Bonnie Tyler and hit bags of flour while trying to avoid the wrath of rock'n'roll-and-dancing-hating Dick Solomon.

Oh yeah, Jacob's Ladder, great movie, haven't seen it in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Bad film. Absolutely the worst ending they could have written. It completely invalidates what went before.

Advertisement